Ever since v7.0.9.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
    I'm doing some tests for the DVDFab Ripper and will include the avi in it as well. Which default profiles you used that gave the problem
    Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    Wouldn't that indicate to you profile and settings rather than sofware?
    From the original posting .... The profiles I have attempted to use are the standard 'generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.divx.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy'. All settings are at default.

Now, if these same profiles work in v7 and fail to work in v8, whereabouts in my setup is the error?!?!?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by KnowEyeDear View Post
      From the original posting .... The profiles I have attempted to use are the standard 'generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.divx.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy'. All settings are at default.

Now, if these same profiles work in v7 and fail to work in v8, whereabouts in my setup is the error?!?!?

Cheers
      hi,

please remove the old default profile and create new default profile, there some problem for using old default profile, because in V8, DVDFab will check output stream size and h264 encode profile/level and make sure this is correct for the standard. for some default profile which will refuse to encode it, sorry for this problem, I will try to do some work to better support old default profile in the next version.

thanks.

Comment

Cheers
        Just finished trying Generic-'generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.divx.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy' and no problems using Default settings and 1 pass. Audio is in sync and picture is great on my 22 inch monitor. I used to have Audio sync problem but not now. I will give the avi profiles in the avi a try instead of the avi profiles in Generic to see if a problem but so far I'm liking V8.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
          hi,

please remove the old default profile and create new default profile, there some problem for using old default profile, because in V8, DVDFab will check output stream size and h264 encode profile/level and make sure this is correct for the standard. for some default profile which will refuse to encode it, sorry for this problem, I will try to do some work to better support old default profile in the next version.

thanks.
          Thanks ting, however the 'default' profiles I am talking about are the standard profiles at default settings, not shared profiles between v7 & v8.

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Just finished trying Generic-'generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.divx.audiocopy', 'generic.avi.h264.audiocopy' and no problems using Default settings and 1 pass. Audio is in sync and picture is great on my 22 inch monitor. I used to have Audio sync problem but not now. I will give the avi profiles in the avi a try instead of the avi profiles in Generic to see if a problem but so far I'm liking V8.
          Ummm, in my profiles, 'avi.h264.audiocopy' is defaulting to 2 pass, the times I have changed this to 1 pass, DVDRipper crashes and sends a report to the developers.

Will see what ting can sort out, but for me, with GregiBoys samsung profile working, I am once again a happy happy chappie

Cheers

Comment

Ummm, in my profiles, 'avi.h264.audiocopy' is defaulting to 2 pass, the times I have changed this to 1 pass, DVDRipper crashes and sends a report to the developers.

Cheers
            Go to common settings-DVD/Blu-ray Ripper and then click Default as 2 pass is not a Default setting as 1 pass is Default

Comment

It works

Long story short. Seems as though I have been doing things wrong from the very beginning. I have always used the 'generic' profiles, which always worked prior to v8.x, but no longer do so. After making the simple transition of selecting the 'to avi' profiles, things work again as they used to. Don't know what/why this happened, just pleased that all is now right with this.

Thank you all for your suggestions/help, it was truly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X