Cropping still not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cropping still not correct

Even with the latest beta, cropping is still not working correct. This bug is known since end of August

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...=black+borders

Now we have end of October .... I give up now with DVDFAB.
    Last edited by bgk; 10-26-2010, 08:59 PM. Reason: URL corrected

Shame - it really is staggering that this problem hasn't been prioritised. I can't use v8 for any DVD ripping because of this (very pronounced on PAL disks).

v7 was fine, v8 is fine for blu ray - can it really be that big a deal to fix it?!

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Haven't been able to use v8 for DVDs yet for this reason. They did say they're aware of this bug and will fix ASAP here:

That was quite a while ago now, though.

Comment

Hi all
        I also try as you said,and had a same result,i refer the infos to Devs.Hope to help them to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by KOST View Post
          I'm in the same boat. Haven't been able to use v8 for DVDs yet for this reason. They did say they're aware of this bug and will fix ASAP here:

That was quite a while ago now, though.
          Actually it goes back a little further than that thread - I got an email from their support team in September saying:

"Please be assured that we are studying the problem without a single halt. Our staff are trying to solve this problem day and night. "

Apparently it's a difficult problem as we're now more than a month later. If this was only a problem in the betas there wouldn't be so much of an issue. For it to be there in the latest full release is pretty unforgivable from a paying customer's point of view.

Comment

8030 beta is out since today - and guess what - the cropping bug still exists. Yeah!

Comment

help us help you

by
              signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…â€). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
              The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
              If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
              Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
              Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
              If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
              If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
              SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
              SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
              SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
              DVDFab VERSION:
              DVDFab PROFILE:
              OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
              OUTPUT CROP:
              OUTPUT BITRATE:
              OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
              SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
              SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
              SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
              SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
              DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
              DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
              OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
              OUTPUT CROP: Auto
              OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
              OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

I won't do that. Come on, just fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by bgk View Post
                  I won't do that. Come on, just fix it!
                  I do not work for DVDFab!!

And from your post it seems you not want any help from forum members or forum staff to see if this could be fixed for you by changing a few settings

Comment

AGJ, settings will not fix it and this bug has been present for ages hence, I can understand the user being rather peeved.

It is just another bug in the litany of issues that urgently need addressing before Fab can go forward.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      I do not work for DVDFab!!

And from your post it seems you not want any help from forum members or forum staff to see if this could be fixed for you by changing a few settings
                      To be fair, as per my post above, DVDFab have acknowledged the problem already (back in September) so I'm not sure that sending in settings now would help. In fact, they never asked me for them either.

Comment

Still a problem in 8.0.3.1

Would it be possible to get some sort of official statement on why this is taking so long to fix? If it's going to take another month, can you let us know so we can stop checking back here every day to see if we can start using what we've paid for again?

Comment

V8.0.3.1 is a Beta and if the fix not mentioned in release notes then will not be on the update. The Developers will not post a time frame for when available in case they do not meet that time because last time they did that everyone seemed to complain that it was not ready. Fixing a bug takes time as they have to make sure nothing else is broke when bug fixed.

Don't want to fix one bug and then have 10 pop up you know

Comment

I don't want a deadline necessarily (though it would be nice!), I want some kind of assurance that it is being actively worked on.

There's been no real substantive feedback from the developers on this for a long time now and getting the image right is one of the most critical factors for video! And as I said before, it was correct before v8 - surely fixing something that is now broken but was working in a previous version should be a major priority? Especially as they broke it in a paid-for release!

Comment

I'm sure they are working on it as they are fixing one issue at time. They fix in order of importance so which ever one is used more often is fixed first I think but then I not work for them so not sure. The DVDFab team reads the threads so I'm sure they know

Comment

Working...
                              X