No announcement yet.

Cropping still not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that's the case, but frankly I'm not convinced that it is. Incorrect cropping, or rather the squeezing of the image to fit the dimensions, HAS to be more important than to be left unfixed for over 2 months now. And as I said, we're talking about a paid-for product.

From the DVDFab point of view it might be good PR to at least confirm which issues they are planning to work on. People using the software for the first time a couple of months ago might have looked at it, seen that the output image is buggered, looked at the lack of feedback from the developers despite the problem being pointed out time after time, and move on. I would have done if I hadn't already bought it, and it's what I suggest to anyone that's looking for this type of software. V8 is not ready for primetime.

I want DVDFab to be the best of its kind, as I am one of their paying customers and all, but v8 has taken a big step back.

Comment

Official release 8032 is out now - and guess what .....

Comment

Black Borders

Yeah I'm having the same problems - thougt it was something I was doing??

Ever since I went from v7 to v8 (including latest v8.03) I've had a number of problems re ripping time and big black borders. I think most issues fixed up now but the big black borders (top & bottom) are still there.

I've been using same settings I had in v7 but still can't fix. I've checked "Crop Automatically" under settings; use a "Fixed File Size" (of 1.5GB for most movies); & let DVDFab select the Frame Resolution automatically. I've tried checking the "Keep Aspect Ratio" under "Crop settings" in "Video Effect Settings"(but if I close & re-open it the tick in the check-box dissaperas??) Aso, the cropping highlights the movie in the "Source Window" in "Crop Settings", but always produces black bars - BIG black bars - top & bottom.

All the source-movies are widescreen 16:9; I always use "mkv.h264 audiocopy" as my default (although I did try avi instead of mkv but problem still there).

So I'm looking for a solution as well.

I inadvertently deleted v7 (which continued to work fine!) - does anyomne know where I can get the latest copy of v7 so I can at least use it till solution to borders found?

Its very frustrating - been exceptionally happy with DVDFab but v8's been nothing but trouble so far.

Comment

Originally posted by koits View Post
          I inadvertently deleted v7 (which continued to work fine!) - does anyomne know where I can get the latest copy of v7 so I can at least use it till solution to borders found?

Its very frustrating - been exceptionally happy with DVDFab but v8's been nothing but trouble so far.
          Hi koits
          Sorry to hear that you are having trouble, I do not know what version of 7 you had but you will find some herehttp://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

hi,

I am try to find the problem and fix it.

thanks
            Last edited by ting; 11-01-2010, 01:05 AM. Reason: nothing

Comment

Big Borders

hx CBR much appreciated. Can't wait till v8 is fixed & working lke v7 did!

Comment

8035 finally fixed this bug, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bgk View Post
                  8035 finally fixed this bug, thanks.
                  Guess ting found the problem and fixed it, thanks for posting that it works for you now

Comment

Working...
                  X