Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What and How Many H*nzì do Chinese Students Learn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me About Online Learning What and How Many H*nzì do Chinese Students Learn?

I know that for Japanese kanji there is a list of 2,136 characters, the so-called "jôyô kanji" ("kanji for daily use"). Schoolchildren learn the first 1,006 kanji in six years of elementary school ("kyôiku kanji" ["education kanji"]) and the other 1,130 kanji in three years of midddle school. There is also a list with additional kanji for writing Japanese names ("jinmeiyô kanji"). (See also Wikipedia entries.)

Are there also such lists for Chinese h*nzì? Is there one with Latinized transcriptions and translations of the h*nzì that can be downloaded?

Thank you and many greetings,

Mediafox

The early stages of this concentrate on spoken Chinese and pinyin, the character-based writing is a later option for those seriously needing it. The instructor I had for this had an interesting chart that showed the character counts for different levels of competency, the highest being around 5000. I think the school levels were 1500-2000. I am sure one of the Native speakers will see this and provide better information.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Hi Mediafox,

Thanks for your interests in Elite Chinese learning.
      Generally speaking, there are 85000 Hanzi.

100-200---50% 300-400---65% 581-602---80% 934-971---90% 2341-2400---99%

see the percentage. if you can master 100-200 Hanzi, you are able to read 50% Chinese article. if you learned 300-400 hanzi, you can read 65% Chinese essays.
      Chinese is not as difficult as imagined. Our teacher has systematic teaching method. she will guide one start Chinese learning from "'‘pinyin’ instead of Hanzi. After "Pinyin" learning , you are able to speak , read and make sentences. you will find Chinese easy and fun. when you are available, you can submit a free trial request on http://edu.dvdfab.cn/free

Enjoy your time!

Comment

I took a trial lesson during development of this and the teacher is superb, a professional educator. Easy to understand.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Working...
        X