No announcement yet.

Takes too much time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a snapshot of DVDFab AI with the Windows GPU monitor. I have the latest nVidia drivers. The fps speed is what others are seeing, 5fps+, but the GPU utilization remains low.

GPU snapshot 1
    GPU snapshot 2

Attached Files
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-07-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
      Here's a snapshot of DVDFab AI with the Windows GPU monitor. I have the latest nVidia drivers. The fps speed is what others are seeing, 5fps+, but the GPU utilization remains low.

GPU snapshot 1
      GPU snapshot 2
      Please using GPU-Z to check usage rate of GPU, the Windows GPU monitor just show the GPU memory usage.

Comment

Ok, GPU-Z shows the CPU at 92% when I am seeing 5.1 fps. That makes more sense. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.gif
Views:	411
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	375571
        Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-07-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
          Ok, GPU-Z shows the CPU at 92% when I am seeing 5.1 fps. That makes more sense. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.gif
Views:	411
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	375571
          Yes, for the current tech, 5.1fps is the normal speed of RTX2070, we are continue working for improve the speed, include the optimation of model and using other prediction method to accelerate the convert speed. hope in the future version can improve it.

Thanks.

Comment

Ting any idea what kind of rate we'd get with a 2080Ti?

Comment

Originally posted by Basementjack View Post
              Ting any idea what kind of rate we'd get with a 2080Ti?
              We have not test the speed in 2080Ti, but test it in 2080 and got the fps about 4.x ~ , I think the 2080ti maybe fast a little.

as I said in previous post, we are working for the model optimation and using other prediction method, I think the speed will faster and faster in the future version

Comment

Thanks Ting

Comment

Update: I finally got it working, I was getting frame times of 130-150ms with the 2080Ti

Taking 140ms as an average, it can render 1000/140 = 7.14 FPS

For content with 24 FPS display, this means the conversion would take 24/7.14 = 3.36 seconds to render every 1 second of video

Or to put it more simply, it should take approx 3.36x the length of the movie to enlarge, so a 2 hour movie would take 6 hours 40 minutes to convert (on a 2080Ti)

Comment

Working...
                  X