Takes too much time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes too much time

Tried converting dvd to bluray using enlarger AI module. It takes longer hrs. Please check the screenshot. Also attached log files too.

Please find below the links available in drop box.

In the future, please attach logs directly to a post as discussed here http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 and images in posts as discussed here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts The forum record will be incomplete if you ever remove the attachments from remote file sharing sites. The attachments will be smaller if you edit the log files to show only the relevant sessions. Avoid jpg captures, I can't read yours on the link.

Please read the Faq here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...faq#post374874 regarding processing time and CUDA capability and check that you have the correct nvidia driver.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I agree. I just purchased AI Enlarger and tried converting a DVD of "Cold Blood" to Blu Ray and checked the AI Enlarger box. It does not seem to use the features of my NVIDEA 1080Ti graphics card. Right now it shows elapsed time of 77:07:10 and Time left is 11 hours 10 minutes. Please see screenshot is attached Word document.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks will attach logs as per the process mentioned.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	375013

Please find attached screenshot and logs for your reference.

Version : dvdfab 11.0.6.1

Its says wow your graphics card meets our standard to convert dvd to bluray with Enlarger AI.

Comment

That's perfect, thanks. The development team for Enlarger AI will try to duplicate the problem and report back to you here ASAP.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by gilcandia View Post
              I agree. I just purchased AI Enlarger and tried converting a DVD of "Cold Blood" to Blu Ray and checked the AI Enlarger box. It does not seem to use the features of my NVIDEA 1080Ti graphics card. Right now it shows elapsed time of 77:07:10 and Time left is 11 hours 10 minutes. Please see screenshot is attached Word document.
              hi, I check your screenshot, the 1080ti graphic card should be faster than your speed, in our test, process one frame smaller than 300ms, and will get process fps bigger than 2 ~ 3 fps, so please send your other logs to us. I will check it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sriram View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	375013

Please find attached screenshot and logs for your reference.

Version : dvdfab 11.0.6.1

Its says wow your graphics card meets our standard to convert dvd to bluray with Enlarger AI.

I have checked log, for the graphic card 1060, this should be the normal process speed, we test it in our 1660ti graphic card, which need spend almost 400 ms to process one frame.

and we also working for using other method to accelerate it. hope can get more few process time.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ting, I ran another test today. The source was the factory-made DVD for MIDWAY,. First I used DVDFab to copy Movie Only to my C Drive. the source files are 4.52 GB. I started the DVD to Blu Ray copy using AI Enlarger at 7:22 AM my time (US Central Time). The job finished at 9:07PM my time . It took 13 hours 45 minutes. My PC is pretty high-end. It was top of the line a couple of years ago, but it is still pretty respectable even by today's standards. Windows 10 Pro, CPU is i7 8700K, 6 cores, 12 threads with auto-turbo up to 4.5 Ghz. It has 32GB of DDR4 RAM and a GEForce 1080ti video card with 11GB of video RAM. I can't even imagine what it would take to run AI Enlarger with a lower-specs computer. I suspect that the sAI Enlarger module is not taking advantage of the CUDA cores in my video card. I can shrink a Dual Layer Blu Ray movie to BD 25 in 30 minutes or so. I am attaching the logs for this run here. Please let me know if you need any additional info. The dvdfab_ai log file was too large to upload so I copied a few lines from the beginning and a few from the end to dvdfab_ai copy.log. ALso, every time I need to use the AI Extender option I have to rerun the 11601.exe installer in order for the AI Extender module to show as being purchased and activated. If I finish one run DVD to Blu Ray with AI Extender, close DVDFab 11 and start it again, the AI Extender activation is missing. But that is a different and minor issue compared to the long running times issue I am reporting here.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

gilcandia
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mine seemed a little slow also - I didn't let it finish as I don't think I'll have my PC on that long, but it was estimating 44 hours a few minutes in - conversion rate was just over 1 frame per second.
                    RTX 2080, 8 core i7-9700 (no hyper threading), 32GB ram

Comment

Originally posted by Basementjack View Post
                      Mine seemed a little slow also - I didn't let it finish as I don't think I'll have my PC on that long, but it was estimating 44 hours a few minutes in - conversion rate was just over 1 frame per second.
                      RTX 2080, 8 core i7-9700 (no hyper threading), 32GB ram
                      Hi Basementjack,

The AI DVDtoBD is about 4~5fps at our office use RTX 2080. Please try install new driver, and test DVD iso to Bluray.
                      Attach log file for now please. dvdfab_ai.log dvdfab_internal.log fabcheck_internal.log

yours,
                      Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I am seeing 5.1 fps with 11.0.6.3 and a GTX 2070 Super video card. What I find odd is that the GPU utilization is only around 10% . I would have expected it to be much higher.

Comment

If you are checking the gpu utilization using as displayed on the round widget in DVDFab gui, it may be in error. The feature will be improved, but until then check the gpu utilization in Windows resource monitor. My rtx 2080 shows 91% at 5.7 FPS.

Comment

I have an older i7-4770s, and an MSI RTX 2080 with updated drivers, and was having really slow encode times (~1 fps). I downloaded GPU-Z, and noticed that my GPU clock was only running at 300 MHz instead of the 1750+ it should be running at. After some futzing around and several reboots my GPU started running at full speed with encode times of (5-6 fps). Of the many things I tried I don't know what finally fixed things. Sorry. If your having slow encode times download GPU-Z and make sure your running at full speed.

Comment

That is great feedback, thanks. You waited a long time before your first post, but it was a good one! Don't be such a stranger.

Comment

Working...
                              X