No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Burner For Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using OWC's slim player and it's been a mixed bag. I can't get MakeMKV to work with it, and some Blu-Rays are hit or miss as to whether they load up in DVDFab. I can't get Amazing Spider-Man, Blade Runner or Avengers to rip and the former two take over two hours to even load.

Comment

i bought the asus Sbw06d2xu.

dvdfab reads the disk, but wont copy to my mbp. and wants me to insert a disk into the mbp instead of blu ray writer........

any ideas?

Comment

same player took 5 hours on my vista box to write then at last minute failed...

Comment

So the problem I see now is that DVDFAB8 has a problem with the source and the target being the same-BIG PROBLEM.

Is there a setting I am missing to do a BLUray copy.

Right now, I woke up to make the source file copy the "ISO" to a folder on the Mac Book Pro.

This time it is proceeding. So when it is done-What do I do then?

( I downloaded the trial version of DVDFAB suite i guess, so i think I have every tool they make before I buy. So far, it took 5 hours on my windows laptop to create an ISO but something happened at the end, so I moved the drive to the mac version with issues.)

Comment

samsung bd-506ab
            and
            Panasonic UJ-235-A slot
            working fine
            best regards

freezbee

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
              I was looking at the Pioneer, but have read that they have had issues on Mac computers with the drive disappearing or no longer showing up after installation. I have not read anything about the LG GBW-H20L. I have an All-In-One Mac so there is no room for an internal drive so it would have to be external.

These drives that pass QA, are they being tested on a Mac and if so what type?

I always use Verbatim!

Thanks
              Hello Ozzie,
              I had the same effect with my pleater px-lb950ue drive.
              I found out that if you have it turned on when powering up your mac that it will be recognized. May be this will also work with your drive.
              Quirlo

Comment

I just replaced my OWC external BluRay drive with The Wirecutter's suggestion as the best external Blu Ray drive, Samsung SE-506BB. They have a great write up here as well as an affiliate link to buy it. It works with all the disks I couldn't get to work before and just used USB power. I'm using it on a late 2009 Mac Mini and it works great.

Comment

only one usb 3.0 port needed, on imac or macbook pro , really great, great DVD and blu ray player and writer inside .
                  here is the link , it's USB 3 , it workd flawlessly with DVDfab on mac and apparently windows too.

Comment

I have a late 2014 iMac retina.
                    I'm using a Pawtec blu-ray writer.
                    Pawtec UltraSlim External USB 3.0 Slot-Loading BDXL 3D Blu-Ray Writer / Burner - Silver
                    I have not had any problems. Works everytime.
                    Looks identical to mac's Apple USB SuperDrive

Features:
                    Effortless Setup - USB 3.0 Plug and Play, Works with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and MAC OS X. Note: Surface Tablet users will need a powered USB Hub with power adapter to supply additional power in order to operate.
                    Versatile - Ability to read and write CD, DVD and Blu-Ray disc. Constructed with an industry leading slot loading Blu-Ray writer.
                    Stylish Design - Sleek durable silver top ABS and polycarbonate plastic finish that does not dent or bend with an aluminum slip-resistant bottom.
                    Read: 6x BD-ROM (Blu-Ray Read), 24x CD, 8x DVD, 5x DVD-RAM. Read Blu-Ray disc or watch 3D Blu-Ray movie disc (Proper setup such as 3D TV/Monitor and glasses is required to in ordered to utilize 3D from 3D movies)
                    Write: 24x CDR, 16x CDRW, 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-R DL, 4x DVD+R DL, 5x DVD-RAM, 6x BD-R SL (Blu-Ray Write Single Layer), 6x BD-R DL (Blu-Ray Write Dual Layer), 4x BD-R TL (Blu-Ray Write Triple Layer), 4x BD-R QL (Blu-Ray Write Quad Layer), 2x BD-RE SL (Blu-Ray ReWrite Single Layer), 2x BD-RE DL (Blu-Ray ReWrite Dual Layer), 2x BD-RE TL (Blu-Ray ReWrite Triple Layer), XL BD-RE QL (Blu-Ray ReWrite Quad Layer)
                    More Information:
                    Watch the latest 3D Blu-Ray movies or backup important files on a Blu-Ray with your Mac or PC. The Pawtec UltraSlim External USB 3.0 Slot-Loading BDXL 3D Blu-Ray Writer in silver is a sleek and slim portable multifunctional drive. It is a must-have accessory for your desktop or laptop allowing you to read and write Blu-Ray, DVD, and CD discs. It is the thinnest Blu-Ray writer on the market and is a perfect match for your laptop, desktop, Apple Macbook and iMac product line.

Thinnest Modern Design and Features
                    The Pawtec UltraSlim External Slot-Loading Blu-Ray Writer is well less than an inch thick and fits virtually anywhere. Constructed out of a top ABS and polycarbonate plastic and an aluminum bottom, this drive is stylish, durable, lightweight, and portable.

High-Speed Writing and Functionality with USB 3.0
                    The features of the Pawtec UltraSlim External Slot-Loading Blu-Ray Writer are truly one-of-a-kind. The writer burns CDs at up to 24x, DVDs at up to 8x, and Blu-Rays at up to 6x. Burn multiple Blu-Ray formats with support of BDXL 100GB and 128GB disc. Watch 3D Blu-Ray movies at home with ease. (Proper setup such as 3D TV/Monitor and glasses is required to in ordered to utilize 3D from 3D movies)

Simple to Use
                    The plug-n-play feature allows you to simply connect the drive to your computer and have it be automatically detected. With its USB 3.0 capabilities, this drive can transfer up to 10x faster than USB 2.0, yet is still compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.0/1.1.

Included in the Bio Friendly Brown Box Packaging:
                    External Blu-Ray Writer and documentation.

Burning software is not included.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bekindrewind; 01-23-2016, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X