No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Copy Mac just freezes on inserting Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to notice a pattern here. First, whenever I close DVDFAb I get an error. It says "DVDFab quit unexpectedly." and it wants me to send a report to Apple.

Second, it appears the main issue has to do with DVDFab not seeing the interface (USB, Firewire, SATA) which would kind of make sense for the problems I'm having with it. I'm getting spotty results with USB, and no results with Firewire or SATA. The faster the interface the more issues DVDFab has. As far as I know I shouldn't need to install any drivers with it being a Mac. In-fact the computer does see the Blu-ray discs no matter which interface I use. For example; I can play and watch movies via Firewire using other programs. It's just DVDFab that doesn't see Firewire/SATA.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelArs View Post
      I'm starting to notice a pattern here. First, whenever I close DVDFAb I get an error. It says "DVDFab quit unexpectedly." and it wants me to send a report to Apple.

Second, it appears the main issue has to do with DVDFab not seeing the interface (USB, Firewire, SATA) which would kind of make sense for the problems I'm having with it. I'm getting spotty results with USB, and no results with Firewire or SATA. The faster the interface the more issues DVDFab has. As far as I know I shouldn't need to install any drivers with it being a Mac. In-fact the computer does see the Blu-ray discs no matter which interface I use. For example; I can play and watch movies via Firewire using other programs. It's just DVDFab that doesn't see Firewire/SATA.
      External that is about what I figured this is beyond me helping you hopefully some one from dvdfab support will see this and post about the mater they probably need to update the program this is the very first release of the retail version and I know that some usb/ fire wire drives can mess with programs like fab macs are very paticular that way.

my blue ray burner is internal on my mac pro tower and like i said I have no problems what so ever the program works perfect and I have tried every option to try and find any problems and I didn't.

Good luck sorry I could not help you further.

Comment

Thanks XX14, I appreciate any and all help

What upsets/frustrates me the most about DVDFab Blu-ray Copy for Mac is that now it is subscription based and this issue is digging into my subscription 'time'. While they are trying to figure this out my subscription is losing its usefulness. Beta software, even if it's labeled as 1.0, shouldn't be subscription based

Comment

Thanks XX14, I appreciate any and all help

What upsets/frustrates me the most about DVDFab Blu-ray Copy for Mac is that now it is subscription based and this issue is digging into my subscription 'time'. While they are trying to figure this out my subscription is losing its usefulness. Beta software, even if it's labeled as 1.0, shouldn't be subscription based
          well you have one problem with that thinking dvdfab gives you 30days to fully evaluate the software before buying it which before I spend any money I try before I buy and tell me what other company gives you a fully functional program to try for 30 days when it comes to dvd copy software the answer is none.

as far as refunds you have 30 days to evaluate the software do you buy a car before test driving it I certainly don't, give the company a chance to get things going the software does not come with a warranty buy a car and other things do.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
            What about inserting a DVD disc? Does it freez? More info are needed.
            I trashed the DVDFab folder again and inserted another DVD into the Blu-ray drive. It crashed immediatedly. I got a crash dialog window asking me to send info to your company when I waited for a very long time with a Blu-ray inserted, with DVDFab not responding all the while. I chose to save the report instead. I got another report immediatedly from the attempt today with a DVD. I attach both ZIP files.

If you need even more info you will have to be more specific what kind of info you need exactly. I already try to be as specific as possible.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
              dvdfab gives you 30days to fully evaluate the software before buying it
              You make my point for me. No reputable software company would ever ditch honoring their software. If DVDFab came out with an update that made their software unusable on your Mac Pro, you’d be the first one complaining about it. Imagine installing an update to OS X - and then not being able to use Safari, or have problems with your display. This in fact happened to Apple around a year ago with their MobileMe service, and Apple was honorable enough to extend every customers MobileMe subscription by an additional 6 months. Much longer than the month or so that customers were having problems with it. THAT is how a HONORABLE software company treats their customers. How DVDFab treats their customers in this situation remains to be seen. Trial periods are also so that you can try out the features of the software, it’s not just usability. This software is not cheap. Everyone who pays their good money for it has a right to expect it to work for the entirety of their subscription period. Good software companies understand that.

and tell me what other company gives you a fully functional program to try for 30 days when it comes to dvd copy software
              It’s not about 'copy' software, it’s about paying money for ANY software.

do you buy a car before test driving it
              Apples and oranges. BTW, ever hear of the lemon law? It protects you against buying a car that has problems like this software.

give the company a chance to get things going
              I will give it until this coming Sunday. That is a full week. So far their support is weak at best, but I’m open minded and hopeful. I did manage to get it to copy (clone) one disc, however when I went watch the ‘clone’ it was all pixelated. Doesn’t speak well for their ‘clone’ process now does it? I am still looking at getting the software working but I have limited time. My mother is gravely ill and I am her only caretaker. I really shouldn’t have to worry about getting software that good money was paid for to work. Thanks for all of your help with this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir John Steed View Post
                I trashed the DVDFab folder again and inserted another DVD into the Blu-ray drive. It crashed immediatedly.
                Have you tried replacing your preferences file yet?

Comment

I have been trying since its release to get it working and it has frozen whether there is a disc in or not. I get as far as registering and then it just hangs with nothing happening. I contacted support who told me to delete the program and folder in finder and re-install. Have done over 10 times now and still don't get anywhere. Often don't even get to the registration stage.

I have requested a refund over a week ago, but have not recieved a reply. I have just sent another request as I am very disappointed.

Comment

Have you tried replacing your preferences file yet?
                    I think I did, but I was not sure anymore. Because I previously used the application 'CleanApp' to make sure I remove everything related to DVDFab. Although this did not find the DVDFab folder in documents which had to be deleted manually.

Anyway, I did another test, this time putting special attention to the preferences file. The only file I could find was named 'Goland.DVDFab.plist' in '[user_home]/Library/Preferences/'. I deleted this and after that started DVDFab for antoher DVD-in-Blu-ray-drive test. No improvement here, it crashes again. If you know about any other preference files or about the same in other locations please let me know.

Comment

Hi AngelArs
                      This forum is no place to air your discontent with the software.

If you would like to contact the developers feel free to use the Contact Us link on the bottom of every forum page.

Consider this your warning.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You make my point for me. No reputable software company would ever ditch honoring their software. If DVDFab came out with an update that made their software unusable on your Mac Pro, you’d be the first one complaining about it. Imagine installing an update to OS X - and then not being able to use Safari, or have problems with your display. This in fact happened to Apple around a year ago with their MobileMe service, and Apple was honorable enough to extend every customers MobileMe subscription by an additional 6 months. Much longer than the month or so that customers were having problems with it. THAT is how a HONORABLE software company treats their customers. How DVDFab treats their customers in this situation remains to be seen. Trial periods are also so that you can try out the features of the software, it’s not just usability. This software is not cheap. Everyone who pays their good money for it has a right to expect it to work for the entirety of their subscription period. Good software companies understand that.

It’s not about 'copy' software, it’s about paying money for ANY software.

Apples and oranges. BTW, ever hear of the lemon law? It protects you against buying a car that has problems like this software.

I will give it until this coming Sunday. That is a full week. So far their support is weak at best, but I’m open minded and hopeful. I did manage to get it to copy (clone) one disc, however when I went watch the ‘clone’ it was all pixelated. Doesn’t speak well for their ‘clone’ process now does it? I am still looking at getting the software working but I have limited time. My mother is gravely ill and I am her only caretaker. I really shouldn’t have to worry about getting software that good money was paid for to work. Thanks for all of your help with this matter.
                        Sorry to hear about your mother I hope everything works out okay it is very hard I have done that also and it is not easy and I understand your frustration.

but did you install the retail version of dvdfab before you bought it and try it out I am not trying to be mean in any way and if you really think about it with every new version of fab their work to make things better there are going to be bumps in the road that get fixed with new protections and to further development.

as the moderator said contact support with your problem the only thing different is it works for me but now I wonder if in some way if the problem does not lay in the registration process for mac.

I have not yet purchased the program yet I am still in trial mode till Jan. 9th 2012 and it is a lot of money but if I do buy dvdfab for mac it will be before the 25% Christmas special runs out and I will buy the lifetime I never buy subscription based programs if I can avoid it.

I have the lifetime AIO products for windows which I use as well and I wish I still had my mac pro laptop to try with an external burner like your using so I could help further to try and nail down the problems that some are having.

Together with enough info it will be fixed by the company that I have no doubt about that.
                        Every set up rather mac or windows is different and dvdfab for windows does not always work for some peoples set ups they work very hard to make sure that all configurations work but it is impossible without the help of the end users all of us.

Happy Holidays and I hope you get things sorted with the software and your circumstances with your mom.

Peace

Comment

Working...
                        X