Corrupt Video/Artifacts/Macroblocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to DVD Corrupt Video/Artifacts/Macroblocking

I'm having issues using the Blu-ray to DVD function of DVDFab. Not sure how to describe the problem other than there appears to be large blocks of video noise throughout the video produced by DVDFab.

The source video is either directly from commercial BR disc or an mkv file from another ripping program and appears to be pristine with no such noise present in the source material. There does not appear to be any logical pattern to the video noise produced by DVDFab, but happens most often in fast motion scenes (sometimes in slow motion scenes too though) or when there is a high contrast between light and dark objects. It is not something that is tolerable by any means. Sometimes the blocks of noise are so big that they take up half of the video frame. They are usually white square blocks. They really ruin otherwise beautiful quality video that DVDFab is producing.

It seems to occur no matter what source video I use. I tested with the BRD of Alien and Prometheus and they both have the same issue.

This same thing happens when I also use the DVD Creator function of DVDFab, not just the Blu-Ray to DVD function, so I'm thinking it must be something to do with the MPEG2 encoder. For testing of DVD Creator, I used MKV files of BR rips. They had the exact same video noise blocks in the same scenes as when using the Blu-Ray to DVD function with an actual physical blu-ray disc.

If anyone is interested, I can provide a log, just let me know which log you need. I can post screen shots of the "noise" to better describe the problem I'm having. I'd really appreciate someone's help with this.

My computer's specs: MacBook Air 2012, OS X 10.8.2.1, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, DVDFab for Mac V8.2.1.5

I just d/l the Windows version of DVDFab and installed on Windows 7 via Parallels on my MacBook Air. I tested DVD Creator with the same source material and the results are perfect... no video noise/white blocks at all. I'm gonna use the Mac version again and see what results I get.

Ok... just retested the same source video again with the Mac version of DVDFab and I got the video noise again. Maybe a problem with the Mac version? 1
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X