Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glenns, the native player in the iPad will only play subtitles if directly rendered to video stream of an mp4 and are not selectable. And that is the root of his issue.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Playback is iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro (QT and video app) and VLC on iPhone/iPad.

Comment

I didn't know it was available in the US again. I just tried it and it doesn't hold a candle to the VidOn.Me player. You have to use AAC audio with VLC and the sync issues that go with it, you can use AC3 with the vidon player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312: Your solution using the Vidon.me player is the far Superior solution for the reasons mentioned.Both the OP and I have learned something new here.This is why the forum is so great different solutions to the same problems then learning different ways to achieve better results.It's a good day in Thor's dark world.

Comment

Well the OP has two ways to get what he wants now anyway.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              tazdevl2:Option#4 see screen shot I unchecked forced because I couldn't get it to work like you with this movie then I just checked the 2nd English subtitle like in screen shot.During playback with VLC hit the subtitle button and play the second set of English subtitles if you have 2 or just the first set if you only recorded the second English subtitle then only the forced subs will play.This works with Power dvd 11,VLC and my Micca media player the same way.
              Are you ripping as a MP4? Or MKV? Unfortunately it is not working for me and just plain odd this title seems to confound the app.

For simplicity's sake I prefer not to use VLC. It seems to me it behooves the developers, assuming there is a coding bug or compatibility issue, to ensure the finished product produces satisfactory results with the default video app for the 800 million or so iOS devices out there. Pretty big installed base.

Comment

I used the apple profile mp4 default settings for your device test and played on my computer using VLC player.For my use I just used Main movie uncompressed.

Here is why I don't do as you do please note this movie THE BOOK THIEF has 3 titles with same run times,chapters and soundtracks there's no way you will know which is the correct title to use when making main movie.This is just one example if you make the movie with the wrong title the movie may contain the movie out of order if you didn't see the movie before you may not even know it's out of order.Fab picks one of the 3 but is it the correct title? Only watching the whole movie can you tell.Other variants of this is one of the 3 or more titles will be one second less in time Fab will pick that title and it will be the wrong title.Others variants will have the correct title hidden from viewing so just keep this in mind with the newer releases.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by glenns; 06-26-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

90312 upload some chapters of Thor Dark word to me.

The subtitle is missing sometimes when output with render. The subtitle is shown fine when output with idx/sub.

Please playback by vidon.me player first until the bug fixed. it support the idx/sub subtitle files.

Sorry for this to trouble you.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    tazdevl2:Option#4 see screen shot I unchecked forced because I couldn't get it to work like you with this movie then I just checked the 2nd English subtitle like in screen shot.During playback with VLC hit the subtitle button and play the second set of English subtitles if you have 2 or just the first set if you only recorded the second English subtitle then only the forced subs will play.This works with Power dvd 11,VLC and my Micca media player the same way.
                    Hi wilson... thx. The issue is 800MM iOS devices and prefer to use default iOS video app for content mgmt reasons. Seems like a market that doesn't make sense to ignore, regardless of the technical reasons for using one playback app over another.

As mentioned in my first post, I tried that option with mp4, CRF 16 and ZERO subtitles. My guess there's an error on the encode side with mp4 and handling of subtitles.

Comment

This is because of the way the subtitles are authored. After days and twenty odd posts and at least two ways to get what you want, Wilson.Wang working in the background, you still feel you are being ignored. Nothing more can be said - thread closed!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X