Issue w/ Hunger Games Mocking Jay Pt. 2 3D UK w/ 9.2.3.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Issue w/ Hunger Games Mocking Jay Pt. 2 3D UK w/ 9.2.3.9

I have been slaving with this 3D disc for weeks and was told by tech support to wait until the next Mac build, as I was having other issues with 9.2.3.7, and told to stay with 9.2.3.1.
    Did a complete fresh, wipe out all preferences/kexts etc (log included) and tried to do a Full Disc rip to ISO. ISO seems to play fine on KDLink720 as ISO.
    Problem is Oppo BDP-93's won't play ISO. Simple solution; mount ISO and put the three folders into a named folder on external eSATA/USB drive, and although twice the size, plays like a charm. 3D. Dolby Atmos or whatever HD format the original is. Works great. Do it all the time. Usually.
    With this disc I set the Region to B/2, I have Cinavia unchecked as none of my machine are infected with it (tried it with it on, too), rip a nice ISO, mount and then move the 100gbs to the external and hit play on the Oppo.
    Black screen. This has been the scenario since the day the disc arrived from the U.K.
    The question is what is preventing it from playing back using the BDMV/Certificate/Fab! folders in a root file folder on a non Cinavia Oppo BDP-93?
    I've attached setting screen shots and internal log
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dbx166; 04-28-2016, 04:00 PM. Reason: typo

When you make a 3d folder you must use the dvdfab burn engine.If you make a 3d iso you can use img burn or other burn engine however I would use the clone mode in Fab to make the 3d iso this will give you a exact copy of the disk less the copy protection and in my experience works the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      When you make a 3d folder you must use the dvdfab burn engine.If you make a 3d iso you can use img burn or other burn engine however I would use the clone mode in Fab to make the 3d iso this will give you a exact copy of the disk less the copy protection and in my experience works the best.
      Thanks, 3DM,
      I'll give that a try, but the upshot is in all the years I have been ripping 3D movies, I have never had this issue and needed to jump thru anymore hoops than I have described. Just rip, mount and copy.
      And the BDMV folders (from the mounted ISO) copied to a WD Passport, play perfectly on the KDLinkHD720 as does the Full Disc ISO. So why not the Oppo BDP-93?
      So it's not exactly like I am without a copy. This is just war now, to make this work, and to figure out why it won't do anything but give me a black screen when every other 3D BD I have ripped, mount, copy the folders and play.
      Driving me nuts . .

Comment

Well went about re-ripping using the CLone mode, made a fine ISO, mounted it, and then transferred the folders (BDMV, Certificate and Fab!) to a folder with the title name to the same WD Passport (takes forever compared to the eSATA drives) and still looking at a black screen.
        3DM, could you go into a little greater detail as to how to end up with the three folders folders organically (BDMV folder should be about twice the size of the ISO)? That might be the problem in this particular case. The mounted files from the ISO just do not want to play nice with the Oppo, although do just perfect on the KDLinkHD720.
        This is the only 3D movie I have had any issues with.

Here is the disc info:

Info for drive [H:\] (DVDFab 9.2.3.9)
        Vendor: , Product:
        Revision: , Vendor specific:
        AACS v1, AGIDs: 1, revocation level: Unknown
        Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES

Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)
        Volume name: MOCKINGJAY_2

Region Code is removed. (Region B)
        AACS protection (AACSLA) is removed. (MKBv58)
        BD+ protection not found.
        Audio watermark (Verance/Cinavia) is detected! (TRUSTED_SOURCE)
        Structural Java protection (Sony DADC) is removed.
        Main playlist: 00763.mpls

The disc contains Cinavia protection, you may not be able to play the backup copy/rip on certain players like PS3 (firmware 3.10 and up).
        You can create Protected Disc as backup with DVDFab "Blu-ray Copy" to disable Cinavia.

Again, no machine in the house has Cinavia so that just can't be the issue.
        I am so stumped, but I won't let this thing beat me . . .

Comment

Try to play the Oppo from chapter instead of the disk menu see if it will play other than that you can make a 50 gig disk from the cloned iso or reduce it to 25 gigs that's all I can think of right now.You did make the copy from the region your in and the bluray is the same region correct?
          Last edited by 3dman; 04-29-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Try to play the Oppo from chapter instead of the disk menu see if it will play other than that you can make a 50 gig disk from the cloned iso or reduce it to 25 gigs that's all I can think of right now.You did make the copy from the region your in and the blu-ray is the same region correct?
            To be clear, I am not burning to discs at all and am using a Mac Pro, so tools like mini-ISO and Virtual Drives are not in play and just throwing that out to eliminate the non-Mac software or responses. I am transferring the files to external hard drives.

And I am A/1 (U.S.) and this disc is U.K B/2 (only 3D version of Mocking Jay). so I have clicked "remove Region Code' and specified the disc as B (Europe Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand) where it asks "Specify the disc's original region code." All settings are in the attached screenshots in the first post.

And when the file folder from the external HD is clicked on the Oppo menu, (the root folder of the disc does show up in the drive menu on the BDP-93) there are no choices. You have one choice dealing with a file folder, and that is click "Enter" and off she goes.
            Except for this one. In this case, just black screen and 00:00:00 on the front panel
            I have eight externals with about 16tb of BD's backed up connected to the Oppo either using the eSATA or up to 4 each on two USB hubs. 2D and 3D. So I know it has been 99.99% successful. This is a just particularly prickly disc.
            And one other thing, when I rip as I would normally rip a 2D BD, I use the file folder setting. Not ISO. That is only for 3D. And in this case ripping the file folders, it gives me a 49gb BDMV folder (same as unmounted ISO) and it should be double that. While it is transferring to the USB drive, I had a quick look using DVD Fab Media player and looks like I get a blue loading status bar that just repeats itself over and over. That looks familiar like I saw it in an earlier bout with this disc. But no, the same black screen. Damn.
            Taking on all comers with any ideas . . .
            Last edited by dbx166; 04-29-2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Maybe staff will take a look at it.I know your not burning disks but would of tried it to see if a full 3d disk would play on the Oppo.Another thing just so you have a playable copy till this gets sorted out you can make a uncompressed side by side 3d mkv and see if the Oppo can play it.
              Last edited by 3dman; 04-29-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Try it with the new Fab beta that just came out if it don't work then post your logs again and maybe staff will take a look at it.I know your not burning disks but would of tried it to see if a full 3d disk would play on the Oppo. Another thing just so you have a playable copy till this gets sorted out you can make a uncompressed side by side 3d mkv and see if the Oppo can play it.
                Well I do have two playable versions, both ISO and BDMV structure that plays fine on the KDLinkHD720. That is why this is so frustrating, but it doesn't leave me without a playable copy.
                And unfortunately the beta is Windows, so I generally am at the back of the line when it comes to new Mac versions.
                Thanks 3DM7, you've given me some great ideas and I will beat this thing down like a smart as*ed sissy.
                Still waiting for a response from the tech squad which is also a little baffling, since I usually write them direct, but I thought this was their preferred method of dealing with these matters . . .

Comment

Hi,

Would you please try to burn to the blank disc and then play on your Oppo 3D player?

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                    Hi,

Would you please try to burn to the blank disc and then play on your Oppo 3D player?

Thanks!

Wilson
                    I will re-rip it to a 25, as I don't have any 50 gb discs handy and see what that does.
                    Thanks. I'll report back . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dbx166 View Post
                      I will re-rip it to a 25, as I don't have any 50 gb discs handy and see what that does.
                      Thanks. I'll report back . . .
                      About 24 hours later, the rip to 25gb has encoded and been stalled at 27% and been in the copy process for 18 of those. I will surmise, it is good and stalled. Trying to cancel the rip has confirmed, Needed to Force Quit. Log included.
                      Have never compressed a BD using Fab and likely won't again as discs are obviously not my deal, or I wouldn't be ripping my stuff to HDs.
                      Will go out and bite the bullet and pick up a 50gb potential super $$$ coaster.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by dbx166; 05-06-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Use the 50 gig clone and the 25 gig blank and copy a few chapters to the 25 gig disk then see if it plays.I have re burnable 25 and 50 gig disk for testing so theirs no coasters.

Comment

Use the 50 gig clone and the 25 gig blank and copy a few chapters to the 25 gig disk then see if it plays.I have re burnable 25 and 50 gig disk for testing so theirs no coasters.
                          Finding 50gb discs period, dead in the middle of the city of Chicago (so clearly not in the middle of nowhere or off the beaten path . . .) was not as easy as I thought (REALLY!), so the idea of finding RWs in a hurry was not an option.
                          However, great idea to have one of each in the house for testing weird situations like this one . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                            Hi,

Thanks!

Wilson
                            I finally had success getting the U.K. B/2 disc of Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D to work off my drive on the Oppo BDP-93.
                            Here is the prognosis: There is something very wrong with the two builds that follow 9.2.3.1. It, I believe, was the culprit in destroying a full 6tb eSATA drive (which after having it suffer serious crashes while having FAB BD Copy files writing to it. This drive seems now to be so messed up, reformatting doesn't even seem to work. Total data loss over two reformats 6.27TB. But I digress . . .)
                            Back to the process. I unsuccessfully tried to rip a 25gb version of the movie and then went out and purchased a three-pack of 50gb discs, which two of the three are now $8.00 coasters at Wilson's request to try and burn a disc.
                            Again black screen.
                            For a control experiment, I thought I would try and rip a garden variety BD disc I had laying around while still in 9.2.3.9 (Escape From New York).
                            Black screen. OK, this is a problem.
                            Reinstall 9.2.3.1. Re-rip (Escape From New York) to a DIFFERENT drive and plays just fine.
                            OK, lets take another stab at Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D.
                            Rip goes thru its processes with no drama using Clone mode. Check it before I go to bed and mount the disc and transfer the three folders to an eSATA drive that would connect to one of the Oppos and go to bed.
                            In the morning, I connect the eSATA drive to the BDP-93 and as per usual, black screen. Then in about 15 seconds I see the words "Updating" on the screen. Then BOOM ! We are in business. Full and proper 3D playback. Nobody is more shocked than me. Don't forget at 9.2.3.1, Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D was not even considered properly ready to rip by DVDFab standards.
                            Conclusion: Something is very wrong with the last two builds of BD Copy, which I am sure wiped out a massive disc, and corrupted it so bad, and that is the reason I have been having these continued problems with this disc and others. By downgrading to the last solid working version of BD Copy, and having the files sent to another drive, things worked as lovely as they always have. No drama. And had I thought to try a totally simpler approach, this war would have been much shorter, albeit it would have still cost me a 6tb drive and all it's data.
                            Latest log with 9.2.3.1 install and Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D rip attached for your viewing pleasure . . .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dbx166 View Post
                              I finally had success getting the U.K. B/2 disc of Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D to work off my drive on the Oppo BDP-93.
                              Here is the prognosis: There is something very wrong with the two builds that follow 9.2.3.1. It, I believe, was the culprit in destroying a full 6tb eSATA drive (which after having it suffer serious crashes while having FAB BD Copy files writing to it. This drive seems now to be so messed up, reformatting doesn't even seem to work. Total data loss over two reformats 6.27TB. But I digress . . .)
                              Back to the process. I unsuccessfully tried to rip a 25gb version of the movie and then went out and purchased a three-pack of 50gb discs, which two of the three are now $8.00 coasters at Wilson's request to try and burn a disc.
                              Again black screen.
                              For a control experiment, I thought I would try and rip a garden variety BD disc I had laying around while still in 9.2.3.9 (Escape From New York).
                              Black screen. OK, this is a problem.
                              Reinstall 9.2.3.1. Re-rip (Escape From New York) to a DIFFERENT drive and plays just fine.
                              OK, lets take another stab at Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D.
                              Rip goes thru its processes with no drama using Clone mode. Check it before I go to bed and mount the disc and transfer the three folders to an eSATA drive that would connect to one of the Oppos and go to bed.
                              In the morning, I connect the eSATA drive to the BDP-93 and as per usual, black screen. Then in about 15 seconds I see the words "Updating" on the screen. Then BOOM ! We are in business. Full and proper 3D playback. Nobody is more shocked than me. Don't forget at 9.2.3.1, Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D was not even considered properly ready to rip by DVDFab standards.
                              Conclusion: Something is very wrong with the last two builds of BD Copy, which I am sure wiped out a massive disc, and corrupted it so bad, and that is the reason I have been having these continued problems with this disc and others. By downgrading to the last solid working version of BD Copy, and having the files sent to another drive, things worked as lovely as they always have. No drama. And had I thought to try a totally simpler approach, this war would have been much shorter, albeit it would have still cost me a 6tb drive and all it's data.
                              Latest log with 9.2.3.1 install and Mocking Jay Pt 2 3D rip attached for your viewing pleasure . . .
                              I should also add that now having watched the complete film, the chapters that had the mixed up scene running order remain (at three instances) and there are a handful of frame dropouts throughout, so not like hitting the motherlode.
                              With the U.K. version being the only one in 3D, I'd been better spending the money for the"region free" kit for the Oppo. The one that you can fit internally if you don't mind getting under the hood, or the RS232 to USB if you don't mind giving up an USB port, but at least that's useful when needed, which in my case is not very often playing around with non region A/1. And both my USBs are in use, so that is when you have to start shutting down drives and playing the "sneakernet" game. A word invented by my friend Jim who sums moving about hard drives perfectly . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X