DVDFab 11.0.0.5 on late 2013 MacPro really slow encoding h.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 11.0.0.5 on late 2013 MacPro really slow encoding h.265

I have been really disappointed running DVDFab on my late 2013 Mac Pro. Even though it have 6 core Xeon X3, 2 dual AMD Firepro D500 graphics cards, 16GB RAM and SSD Drive, DVDFab is limited in the speed of encoding.

I know the graphics chipset does not support hardware encoding but even with this disadvantage DVDFab takes 1:57:03 to encode a file 1:27 length file encoded at 896x504 h.264 to h265. An average of 18.9 frames per second. Even lightning-shrink did not get used.

Adobe Media Encode 2019 Version 13.0.1 on the other hand only takes 20:32 to encode the same file to identical h265 encoding settings settings.

Adobe must be making use of the Dual FirePro D500 graphics cards and 6-core Xeon X5 using the Apple Metal API but a difference of 6 times faster than DVDFab!

I am guessing that DVDFab is only looking to support iMacs where they can get extra processing power from the different Chipset but it looks like I may have to ditch DVDFab and move to Adobe Media Encoder.

Has anyone similar experiences using DVDFab on a Mac Pro to encode videos?

Hi Cyberion,

It does not support hardware encoding is the main reason that it has this slow encoding issue, please provide us the latest log file from DVDFab Log folder, I will have our developer check and see what we can do. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X