Unknown source for constant read errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper Unknown source for constant read errors

Since about the first of January, no matter what disk I put in, every thing comes back with an "Error while reading!". I'm running the latest DVDFab v11.0.7.5, macOS Catalina v10.15.3. I've cleaned the disk drive, replaced it with two new ones, and I get either the same error, or the disk just spins in the drive without DVDFab recognizing it. I just tried Knives Out, which gave me the read error. I then switched over to the Mini, and was able to get 75% of the way through four times, then it just hangs there. I have no idea where the fault lies; DVDFab, macOS Catalina, or three different drives. Attached is the log.
    dvdfab_internal.log.zip

Sorry for the trouble, the drive certificate needs update, we are working on it, please kindly wait.

Comment

any word when a new update will be provide, all blu rays are coming up read error. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentz View Post
        any word when a new update will be provide, all blu rays are coming up read error. thanks in advance.
        I will push the developer again.

Comment

Hello, the certificate is not the issue now. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the drive to try again, you can also try to connect the drive using a different USB port.
          If still have problem, please use a different drive to have a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hello, the certificate is not the issue now. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the drive to try again, you can also try to connect the drive using a different USB port.
            If still have problem, please use a different drive to have a try.
            I was able to get Jumanji 2 to copy, but nothing else will. I tried Knives Out again, no go...and 1917 today, and got a read-error off that too. I've tried all my USB ports, and a different drive. I still think its on your end?

Comment

Originally posted by RedBeard View Post

I was able to get Jumanji 2 to copy, but nothing else will. I tried Knives Out again, no go...and 1917 today, and got a read-error off that too. I've tried all my USB ports, and a different drive. I still think its on your end?
              Not sure why it happened on your end, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file, I will get the developer check for you again.

Comment

try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings
                button in the lower left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry your discs again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings
                  button in the lower left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry your discs again.
                  Didn't work...thank you for the help though.

Comment

Not sure why it happened on your end, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file, I will get the developer check for you again.
                    file is more than 2MB...how do I attach it?

Comment

file is more than 2MB...how do I attach it?
                      Please send it to my email account. Thanks.

Comment

Please send it to my email account. Thanks.
                        Did you get the file okay?

Comment

Did you get the file okay?
                          Our developer checked the latest log file, and he wanted you to send us a P-ISO file. Please check Email reply, I have sent you the details. Thanks.

I've also send you PM, please check too.

Comment

Update: please give the latest v11.0.8.2 a try and feedback, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X