No announcement yet.

DVD FAB FOR MAC M1 Silicon Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a ZNet article describing the removal of KERNEL EXTENSIONS access to developers in February of 2020:

Comment

I have found that "Video Toolbox" works in the "Converter" mode of DVDFab. The problem is that you have to rip the Blu-ray down as "Passthrough" in the ripper module then take that into the converter module to compress it. It has given me 190+ Fps in converter module. So now I really don't understand why Video Toolbox will not work in the Ripping module. Anyone have any ideas?
      Last edited by jarjarjar; 05-14-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Seriously thinking of getting a new iMac M1 but want to make sure I will be able to use DVDFab on it to rip DVDs and BluRays. I have DVDFab ver. 12.0.2.7 working on my MacBook Pro running MacOS BigSur 11.3.1 which uses the hardware acceleration.

Comment

Mona! You reply to all other posts here. Why can't you let us know if a version of DVDFab is being worked on for M1 Macintosh's? This is the way all future Macs will be made, so it seems that you need to come out with a version that works on it. Especially since many people here have a lifetime license for DVDFab Mac.

Comment

Yes, it's being worked on.

Comment

Mona, thanks for the reply! I will be looking forward to a version that's updated for M1 Macs.

Comment

Mona, Is there a timescale for an Apple Silicon version. I am sure there are many of us here who will be happy to try out a beta version.

Comment

I would be happy to try out a beta version too!

Comment

We are still waiting, need it now please!

Comment

Originally posted by jarjarjar View Post
                      I would be happy to try out a beta version too!
                      Me too

Comment

Will this work with the new Ipad with the M1 chip? Its IOS .
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Unlikely...

Comment

M1 version please! This is taking FOREVER!

Comment

I am still holding off on my iMac M1 purchase until you support the M1 chip. Are you getting closer? Surely it only takes a rebuild on a M1 Mac with Xcode ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTechie View Post
                                I am still holding off on my iMac M1 purchase until you support the M1 chip. Are you getting closer? Surely it only takes a rebuild on a M1 Mac with Xcode ?
                                Guess you will have to hold off forever! I have an M1

Comment

Working...
                                X