No announcement yet.

DVD FAB FOR MAC M1 Silicon Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iv'e tried it now om my Mac mini M1, totally useless. Crashes, slow, stops at 9% and VideoTool box doesn't even seem to work.

What takes 10 minutes on my Intel mini takes 2 hours on my M1 mini

Comment

A new version was released today. It still doesn't work on a M1 Mac. Why do they bother updating an app that doesn't work? They should be spending their time fixing it so that it does work. Soon I am going to ask for a refund for my Mac version. Why should I have to pay for something that they either can't or won't fix. MONA! Enough is enough. Either fix the app. or offer us a refund. I don't have that much money that I can afford to waste it on useless software.

Comment

I recently switched from a PC to a MacBook Pro 14 with M1 Pro chipset.

I've installed the latest version of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy for Mac 12 and it seems to work just fine on my computer.
        It took me some time to figure out how to change the security settings in the Recovery environment, as was suggested in the pop-up dialog, but I think I have that working OK now too.

Until now I've only used DVDFab on downloaded ISO's or folders containing a blu-ray disc. I'm currently ripping a blu-ray I own and it's at 16% now.
        I will have to do some work on the subtitles, since the movie contains forced subtitles that are embedded in a regular subtitle track and is not selectable on my stand-alone blu-ray player. Fortunately I've found the proper (free) tools for macOS to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by vtpeters View Post
          I recently switched from a PC to a MacBook Pro 14 with M1 Pro chipset.

I've installed the latest version of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy for Mac 12 and it seems to work just fine on my computer.
          It took me some time to figure out how to change the security settings in the Recovery environment, as was suggested in the pop-up dialog, but I think I have that working OK now too.

Until now I've only used DVDFab on downloaded ISO's or folders containing a blu-ray disc. I'm currently ripping a blu-ray I own and it's at 16% now.
          I will have to do some work on the subtitles, since the movie contains forced subtitles that are embedded in a regular subtitle track and is not selectable on my stand-alone blu-ray player. Fortunately I've found the proper (free) tools for macOS to deal with that.
          Copying the movie in 'movie-only' mode from this several years olds (encrypted) blu-ray disc without re-encoding / compression to a directory (not as ISO) on my hard disk went fine. No issues or errors.

In order to have it play back the way I want on my stand-alone player I had to do several things:
          1. Demux all English and Dutch subtitle to separate *.SUP fils using tsMuxerGUI for Mac.
          2. Extract the forced subtitles from one of the English subtitles to a separate *.SUP file with BdSup2Sub512.
          3. Mux the forced (English) subtitles, the SDH English subtitles and Dutch subtitles into the video stream using tsMuxerGUI.
          4. Re-encode the movie to BD25 and make sure the forced subtitles are automatically shown at playback.
          Playing back the end result of step 4. on the laptop it seemed to me that the video quality had suffered more with more compression artefacts than I remember from movies I'd re-encoded on my Windows computer. Or am I imagining things?

Comment

Originally posted by vtpeters View Post

Copying the movie in 'movie-only' mode from this several years olds (encrypted) blu-ray disc without re-encoding / compression to a directory (not as ISO) on my hard disk went fine. No issues or errors.

In order to have it play back the way I want on my stand-alone player I had to do several things:
            1. Demux all English and Dutch subtitle to separate *.SUP fils using tsMuxerGUI for Mac.
            2. Extract the forced subtitles from one of the English subtitles to a separate *.SUP file with BdSup2Sub512.
            3. Mux the forced (English) subtitles, the SDH English subtitles and Dutch subtitles into the video stream using tsMuxerGUI.
            4. Re-encode the movie to BD25 and make sure the forced subtitles are automatically shown at playback.
            Playing back the end result of step 4. on the laptop it seemed to me that the video quality had suffered more with more compression artefacts than I remember from movies I'd re-encoded on my Windows computer. Or am I imagining things?
            See my other post in this forum. DVDFab Blu-ray Copy does a worse job re-encoding/compressing video than its Windows sibling.

Comment

Working...
            X