12.0.5.2 breaks repair yet again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.0.5.2 breaks repair yet again!

Mona I have to ask, does anyone test before releasing? This is probably the 8th time in 12 months a new release breaks a “repaired” device.

The 2 shortcut methods do absolutely nothing and give the following messages in terminal.

1) 2 line terminal entry “No such file or directory”
    2) longer terrminal entry “/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).”

What is your macOS version?

Please install this version to repair it first, and then update to the latest version to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      What is your macOS version?

Please install this version to repair it first, and then update to the latest version to try again.

Doesn’t work at all. The app is useless for me atm. Keeps requesting repair.

Comment

We can remote access your Mac to check it out for you. Please check PM for more detail, thank you.

Comment

Mona REPAIR STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED AS OF 12.0.7.1. Really… this has been going on longer than the M1 issue. App is still unusable. Does anyone there care?

Heres the error..
          /Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)

How about someone there actually updates the Repair function in the app or posts accurate and up to date terminal commands to fix the problem???

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevl2 View Post
            Mona REPAIR STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED AS OF 12.0.7.1. Really… this has been going on longer than the M1 issue. App is still unusable. Does anyone there care?

Heres the error..
            /Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)

How about someone there actually updates the Repair function in the app or posts accurate and up to date terminal commands to fix the problem???
            try this in post #9 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ir-not-working

Comment

Please run this version to try again. If it asks you to "repair", follow the step:

Comment

I've had this issue with my macs running from macOS 10.15 and later....

I was successful in getting this process to work with a UHD drive disabling System Integrity Protection (after you backup your mac) and then installing and running DVDFab. This compromises your macOS operating system and may leave it exposed to hacking. There is an implicit acceptance that the functions that DVDFAB is installing can be trusted. I suspect that DVDFAB is installing some protected kernel functions. You may not even want to have your laptop exposed to a network while System Integrity Protection is disabled. And of course, again, execute a time machine backup of your mac first. There are YouTube videos on disabling System Integrity Protection on macs or google "csrutil disable" which is the instruction used to control this protection. I don't think this applies to M1 macs - they do things differently I believe.

After running DVDFAB once, I would re-activate System Integrity Protection for the OS. My understanding is that this utility sets the critical regions of the OS to be non-modifiable when enabled so that bad guys can't replace critical code with malicious alternatives.

As I mentioned this worked for me; but you are playing games with your mac with unknown consequences. Again, before any of this, backup your mac, and be prepared to reinstall the OS should things go south.

Comment

Mona it installed and seems to work fine. Just include whatever the dev did in all the updates.

Comment

good to know it works.

DVDFab log default location:
                    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                    X