Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 12.0.7.3 M1 freezes/hangs at start

Hi,
    yesterday i downloaded and installed DVDFab 12.0.7.3 for Apple M1. Unfortunately only the splash screen is show. After that DVDFab freezes/hangs.
    The ForceQuit dialog just shows that DVDFab is not responding.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or are there others who can start DVDFAB for M1 on their Mac w/o problems?

Matthias

Sorry that you are having such an issue.
    Please provide the dvdfab_internal log file and the install_fabio.log file that is under /tmp/.

As for how to open tmp directory, please open Terminal, and refer to the image attached below, type the command:
    cd /tmp
    open .

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20220606-123609.png Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	410678
    After that, you can open the path /tmp/install_fabio.log and get the file we needed.

Please have a try, thank you.

Comment

Same issue here. I have a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEye View Post
        Same issue here. I have a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra
        Please provide the log files we need to help check the problem, thanks.

Comment

There are no files with this name. Only one with name "DVDFab_Process". So for me it seems that this app sucks before even started....

Comment

There are no files with this name. Only one with name "DVDFab_Process". So for me it seems that this app sucks before even started....
            Would you like us to remote your Mac to check it out for you? If it is okay, please kindly check the forum PM, thanks.

Comment

Have any of the new releases of the M1 version of DVDFab worked right for anyone? Just curious.

Comment

Nope. Still nog working

Comment

Mona
                  Hello, also DVD Fab 12.7.4 M1 freezes at start.

You've asked for log files. Could you please tell me where those files are located so i can submet them to you?

Comment

Originally posted by matthiasr View Post
                    Mona
                    Hello, also DVD Fab 12.7.4 M1 freezes at start.

You've asked for log files. Could you please tell me where those files are located so i can submet them to you?
                    Please check post #2.
                    As for the regular dvdfab_internal log file, it is under Finder/Documents/DVDFab12/Log.

Comment

Hi all,about the start-up problem, please remove the current version, go to the Documents directory and delete the DVDFab12 folder, and then install the one below to have a try. Thanks.

Comment

App now starts but it's totally useless - Rip from UHD Disc = 20 Hours.. Same UHD Disc with MakeMKV = 40 minutes....
                        It seems that the advantages from the M1 Mac could not be used...
                        So sorry, DVD Fab was the best but it's getting worser and worser...

Comment

Rip from UHD Disc = 20 Hours..
                          It seems that the advantages from the M1 Mac could not be used...
                          Could you please provide the dvdfab_internal log file to us to better check the slow process issue? Thanks.

Comment

sent you a PM

Comment

sent you a PM
                              Mac M1 does not support hevc 10bit hardware. Also, makemkv just copy, which is similar to DVDFab's mkv.passthrough profile. You can use hevc normal 8bit profile for reencoding to have a try and see the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X