No announcement yet.

DVDFab 12.0.7.3 M1 freezes/hangs at start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you verify your information before posting it here? What you have written above is just wrong...
    "The new M1 chip from Apple (part of the three new Macs launched last week) can accelerate encoding of H.264, 8-bit HEVC, and 10-bit HEVC using hardware. This vastly speeds compression of these codecs."
    I guess you have just no developer who knows how to enable the new hardware acceleration for these processors. By the way with Handbrake the encoding process (HEVC 10bits) is lightning fast with a M1 Ultra Mac - they just can't rip.
    so what is next?

Comment

Perhaps one hint I found on another product:
      NOTE: HDR media requires using a 10-bit codec, which is why compressing 10-bit HEVC quickly is important.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Faster.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	412569
      To enable hardware acceleration, be sure to select Faster for the Encoding type in the Video Inspector. Setting the Encoder type to Slower performs compression using software, which is much, much, much slower.

Name:	Faster02.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	412570
      NOTE: On another note, Multi-pass also switches to software-based encoding. In the past, we would do this to improve image quality. Given the speed and quality of today’s hardware-accelerated compression, there are very few reasons to use the Multi-pass option today.

Perhaps this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEye View Post
        Perhaps one hint I found on another product:
        NOTE: HDR media requires using a 10-bit codec, which is why compressing 10-bit HEVC quickly is important.

Name:	Faster.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	412569
        To enable hardware acceleration, be sure to select Faster for the Encoding type in the Video Inspector. Setting the Encoder type to Slower performs compression using software, which is much, much, much slower.

Name:	Faster02.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	412570
        NOTE: On another note, Multi-pass also switches to software-based encoding. In the past, we would do this to improve image quality. Given the speed and quality of today’s hardware-accelerated compression, there are very few reasons to use the Multi-pass option today.

Perhaps this helps...
        Thank you for the info, I've checked with the developer again, and he said that our ffmpeg has not yet been updated, so it is not supported, and he is working on the ffmpeg update, it will take some time.

Comment

Working...
        X