How stable is the Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
    It depends on the make and model of the GPU, not the CPU...
    How about another more powerful lap top: Asus N53S, intel Core i7 with nvidia GT540M CUDA 2GB?
    Would that take care of the HD audio issue?

Molok

Comment

Just about any nVidia GeForce GPU from 415M and above should suffice. I've already suggested as much here.

And because the GPU does all the video decoding and bit-stream audio pass-through work, you don't need a computer with a super-fast CPU.

Cheers
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
        Just about any nVidia GeForce GPU from 415M and above should suffice. I've already suggested as much here.

And because the GPU does all the video decoding and bit-stream audio pass-through work, you don't need a computer with a super-fast CPU.

Cheers
        OK, thank's for the enlightment! I will give it a serious try.

Molok

Comment

Originally posted by Molok View Post
          I allready had the setting True in that folder, so that didn't helped.
          The only audio output that works for me is analog with speaker conf. 2.0. But I have a 7.1 sound system (Onkyo SR607) and have à hdmi-connection from my plasma (Pioneer 50 ") to the receiver. When having the audio output set to hdmi and speaker conf. set to 7.1 the picture is stuttering and there is no sound.
          Any other suggestions?

Molok
          There is already a sticky thread about audio settings, may be useful to you.

Comment

Just want to report that I bought a more powerful lap top with a nVIDIA GeForce GT 610M 2.048 MB. And that seemed to have done the trick. Now the video runs smooth and the HD audio sounds perfect. Thank's for your input!

Molok

Comment

Working...
            X