Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player and Blu-ray Java menu

Hi,

a simple question: Media Player last version supports Java Menu?

Many many blu-rays have today BDJO menus and I would like to know if this menu's type is (or will be) supported.

Thanks in advanced

If you mean like this?

Then yes...
    Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 02-27-2014, 08:40 PM.
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by alexago View Post
      Hi,
      a simple question: Media Player last version supports Java Menu?
      Yes. But BD-J supporting is not excelent and has many drawbacks. For example see http://club.myce.com/f32/dvdfab-medi...-tests-334612/

Comment

Originally posted by probep View Post
        Yes. But BD-J supporting is not excelent and has many drawbacks. For example see http://club.myce.com/f32/dvdfab-medi...-tests-334612/
        So four Blu-ray discs on another forum were identified as having playback problems, using an unknown version of DVDFab Media Player. This is not very helpful is it?!?

Sufficed to say, if a Blu-ray disc playback issue is reported on this forum. The software developers will investigate the issue with a view to solving the issue
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
          So four Blu-ray discs on another forum were identified as having playback problems, using an unknown version of DVDFab Media Player. This is not very helpful is it?!?

Sufficed to say, if a Blu-ray disc playback issue is reported on this forum. The software developers will investigate the issue with a view to solving the issue
          I use DVDFab Media Player 2.2.6.0. And I have many BDMV folders and ISO images (ripped from Blu-ray discs) with BD-J menu. But DVDFab plays properly BD-J menu only for small part of them.

P.S. BTW VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.7 has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by probep View Post
            I use DVDFab Media Player 2.2.6.0. And I have many BDMV folders and ISO images (ripped from Blu-ray discs) with BD-J menu. But DVDFab plays properly BD-J menu only for small part of them.

P.S. BTW VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.7 has the same issue.
            If you've ripped these 'Full disc' BRD.ISO files yourself using DVDFab Decrypter and they don't work correctly when played with DVDFab Media Player, please list them in this topic. It would help is you could also provide the disc's bar code number too.

Cheers

Comment

If you've ripped these 'Full disc' BRD.ISO files yourself using DVDFab Decrypter and they don't work correctly when played with DVDFab Media Player, please list them in this topic. It would help is you could also provide the disc's bar code number too.
              First of all: TMT6, PowerDVD, Nero, WinDVD do not have any problem with BD-J menu for my ripped BDs. Only DVDFab does!
              Although I own DVDFab "All-in-one" package, I prefer to use Other software for BD->BDMV and BD->ISO ripping.
              And I can list titles, but allmost all of them are CEE (Central Europe) releases.
              Last edited by 90312; 02-28-2014, 04:13 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Well, if you (and others) wont post detailed information about your problem disc's, you can hardly expect DVDFab to solve your playback issues!

How does that saying go... "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Comment

Please tell us the disc name and we will fix the bd-j issues asap.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                    Thank you.

Today and tomorrow I'll test thoroughly some movies from my collection. And then I'll write a list of movie titles with BD-J menu which cause problems.

Regards,

Comment

Have you ever used the player? Id' say that about 50% of all Blu-rays do not open at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                        Where to start? There are so many.

[FabPlayer 2.2.6.0, original BD 2D discs]

Legend of the Guardians
                        -> loads for some time, then the program crashes.

Rango
                        -> shows an intro, then hangs forever with a black screen.

White House Down
                        -> loads for some time, then the program crashes.

Elysium
                        -> loads forever, nothing happens.

The Hangover Part III
                        -> loads for a short time, then shows a black screen forever.

Oblivion
                        -> loads for some time, then shows a black screen forever.

Comment

I've tested 43 movies with BD-J menu. Most of them were CEE (Central and Eastern Europe) releases. I used the latest DVDFab Media player v2.2.6.0.
                          Only 8 movies were played without any problem.
                          7 movies were played with non-fatal problems (for example, with subtitles although I disabled subtitles).
                          28 (!) movies caused fatal problems (DVDFab player crash, hang, black screen).

The report will be sent later to Mr. xubin (he asked me about it).

P.S. TMT and PowerDVD play these movies without any problem.
                          Last edited by probep; 03-01-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3xaqua View Post
                            Have you ever used the player? Id' say that about 50% of all Blu-rays do not open at all.
                            I only have a handful of 'full disc' back-ups that I use for testing purposes.

Personally, as a long term storage solution, I can't see the point of generating 'full disc' back-ups. The file sizes are too big, I don't like navigating through menus and being forced to watch trailers, prohibition notices and movie company idents.

So I prefer to generate (1:1) 'movie only' back-ups which only contain the audio and subtitle tracks I require, along with the chapter points.

Comment

I only have a handful of 'full disc' back-ups that I use for testing purposes.

Personally, as a long term storage solution, I can't see the point of generating 'full disc' back-ups. The file sizes are too big, I don't like navigating through menus
                              You are off-topic, this thread is about Blu-ray menus.

Comment

Working...
                              X