No TrueHD/DTS-HD through receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe747 View Post
    I don't know of another software player that doe's WASAPI do you?
    I have power dvd 11 and VLC also.
    Forget about WASAPI for the moment...

Have you had any success using either of these software media players (or any other software media player) at passing an HD audio bit-stream via HDMI to your surround sound amplifier?
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

All I can tell you is the only device I have that lets you send a bit stream to my hdmi switching Sony amp is my outboard media player and it works fine but it's not hooked up to the computer.I don't see any way to switch a switch in power dvd 11 or VLC to send a bit stream output instead of a decoded PCM output.Fab media player has the switch to do so but when I do it i get picture only.

Comment

Perhaps you may find this Answers for HD Audio Streaming Issues topic interesting?

Cheers
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

interesting? yes but doesn't help my problem to add to this my Panasonic blu ray player has bit streaming switches and PCM switches both result in pcm sound lightning up in the Sony 7.1 hdmi switching receiver.I think its the Sony receiver as even my outboard media player only streams bit stream with a older version of it's firmware newer firmware sends the Sony receiver back to Pcm only.

Really PCM is uncompressed multi soundtracks so the only advantage of streaming the sound bit stream is IF the digital to audio convertors are better in the receiver than in the device playing your movie and most times I would say the receiver has the better conversion chips but maybe not on the computer that's a toss up with today's newer computers.I am happy with the PCM sound but like seeing the receiver light up with HD sound tracks and it's kind of weird but my cable DVR or PVR will show Dolby digital on the Dolby digital channels so go figure.

Comment

In all seriousness you're really confusing yourself comparing the capabilities of hardware based media players and devices (such as: Blu-ray players and set-top boxes) against software based media players. They function in totally different ways and are not comparable in any way... So forget about doing this!

DVDFab Media Player and any other media player that functions on a computer is software based... That's it!

You need to understand how software based media players function and what hardware components are required within your computer to make them function correctly and to their fullest capabilities!
            Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 11-02-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X