Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DVDFab Player 5 outputting Dolby Atmos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is DVDFab Player 5 outputting Dolby Atmos?

Hi,

Previously when I play a 4K HDR movie using DVDFab Media Player 3.2.0.1 and click Info, in Audio section it will say "Dolby ATMOS". But now in DVDFab Player 5, it says "Dolby TrueHD 5.1", despite saying "Dolby ATMOS 7.1" in Audio setting (please see the screenshot attached, not sure why it's so blurry when uploaded onto this site, but top left red circle says "Dolby TrueHD 5.1" and middle right says ""Dolby ATMOS 7.1")

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18214.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	346310
    So am I getting Dolby Atmos or only 5.1? I'm using a headphone along with Dolby Atmos for Headphone on Windows 10.
    Last edited by vmd12; 12-21-2017, 01:45 PM.

Originally posted by vmd12 View Post
    Hi,

Previously when I play a 4K HDR movie using DVDFab Media Player 3.2.0.1 and click Info, in Audio section it will say "Dolby ATMOS". But now in DVDFab Player 5, it says "Dolby TrueHD 5.1", despite saying "Dolby ATMOS 7.1" in Audio setting (please see the screenshot attached, not sure why it's so blurry when uploaded onto this site, but top left red circle says "Dolby TrueHD 5.1" and middle right says ""Dolby ATMOS 7.1")

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_18214.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	346310
    So am I getting Dolby Atmos or only 5.1? I'm using a headphone along with Dolby Atmos for Headphone on Windows 10.
    Hello,

This is a display error, it won't affect the output effect. I will pass the problem to our developers.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

I have a Dolby ATMOS capable receiver, but even though the Information Screen while the move is playing says "Dolby ATMOS 7.1" my receiver defaults down to Dolby Digital. The player settings box for TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver is checked in the player, and speakers are set to 7.1

I was hoping to get actual Dolby ATMOS passed thru, or at least Dolby TrueHD, but the receiver is only getting Dolby Digital.

Thanks.

Comment

As a follow-up, I was using TV mode, and Dolby Atmos would not work. I switched to PC mode, and Dolby Atmos worked. I switched back to TV mode, and audio went back to Dolby Digital. Back to PC mode, and Dolby Atmos came back. I confirmed in both modes the Audio settings were identical. Seems to be a PC mode bug.

Comment

Originally posted by dgray View Post
          As a follow-up, I was using TV mode, and Dolby Atmos would not work. I switched to PC mode, and Dolby Atmos worked. I switched back to TV mode, and audio went back to Dolby Digital. Back to PC mode, and Dolby Atmos came back. I confirmed in both modes the Audio settings were identical. Seems to be a PC mode bug.
          Hello dgray,

We will test and see if we can repeat the problem.

Meanwhile, we notice that you have also reported the same problem on another thread, so, updates will be posted there: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...efaults-to-dts

Regards,
          mona

Comment

Working...
          X