Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Full 4k UHD Bluray from folder

Dear friends,

I tried the free version of Dvdfab Player expecting to play some 4k UHD bluray from folders in hard disk (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) with menu support, but I could not. I got an error message saying that my hardware configuration does not support hardware decoding. It is strange since I can play flawlessly the movie file with other programs (but without menu support). I run windows 7 and the graphic card is an ASUS 1060 gtx gforce 3G. The monitor is not 4k neither HDR, only 1920x1200 ¿could it be the problem? Anyway, I did not activate HDR to avoid problems, but it did not work. The player starts loading and shows the animated progress bar of the movie (sometimes I can even watch the menu for a short time), but suddenly it crashes and I get the error message. Could you please give some information on the problem? Thank you very much.

Regards,

errupin

Hello errupin,

From what I know, Windows 7 system doesn't support 4K UHD hardware decoding, which caused the crash problem in this case.
    If you have a machine of windows 10 system, you can have a try there.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Thank you Mona for your help, but then I have the following question: why am I able to play the movie with other software if hardware decoding is not working? my CPU is a quite old Intel Xeon so I believe that software decoding should freeze and interrupt the image continously.

Regards,

errupin

Comment

Hello errupin,

It will require the developers to add support to this part individually. I will report it as a feature request to the developers.

For now, you can use a PC of windows 10 system to enable the hardware encoding.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Thank you, I will try with Windows 10. Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X