Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound with Creative Sound Blaster and Dolby Encoder

Hello,

I have the Problem with my new Soundcard, when i want to play some Mediafile and i have activate Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect, that i have no Sound and the Video jerky.
    Only when i select no Encoder, then i have sound, without Dolby and normal Video. Creative write i have to select Loudspeaker. In DVBViewer i can select DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z), and it works. In other i nothing need to change and it works. I have test all variants of optical settings they are possible, But only select no Encoder works. Can this Problem also solved in next Version?

Thanks and best Regards
    Mig10

Last edited by Mig10; 08-26-2018, 12:51 AM.

When i select Analog, i can select DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) and 5.1, then i have Sound with Encoder, but its in Dolby?

Comment

Hi Mig10,

Please activate Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect to try again, and then zip the whole Player 5 log folder and post it here. Thanks.

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

Hello Mona,

I have change to Optical and DirectSound: SPDIF-Out (SoundBlaster Z). And Dolby Digital Live activatet.
        In Optical there is missing entry DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z).
        log is on Attachment.

Regeards Michael
        Attached Files

Comment

I have passed the log files to the developers for analyzing, please kindly wait. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            I have passed the log files to the developers for analyzing, please kindly wait. Thanks.
            Ok thank you

Comment

@Mig10

From our tests:
              In the control panel of the graphics card, select "No Encoder", in the setting window Player 5>Settings>Audio, choose Optical-Direcsound/ WASAPI, there is sound for output.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Player settings.png
Views:	371
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	359308Click image for larger version

Name:	player settings1.png
Views:	325
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	359309

In the control panel of the graphics card, select Dolby or DTS, you need to set the audio device of your PC as the NOTE says, and select Analog-Direcsound/ WASAPI under Player5>Settings>Audio to have sound playback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sound Blaster Z.png
Views:	410
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	359310

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hello Mona,

Thanks for information. I have tested and both works on my System.
                Are there sound differences on Player 5 between this 2 variants Optical + No Dolby Enoder or Analog + Dolby Encoder?
                I must decide Analog-Direcsound and Dolby Encoder, without this i have no sound on System and other Programs.
                For Optical-Directsound the Entry Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) is missing in Player 5

Regards
                Michi

Comment

Hi Michi,

Are there sound differences on Player 5 between this 2 variants Optical + No Dolby Enoder or Analog + Dolby Encoder?
                  Sure, there is. You can try different options on your side to see the difference.

For Optical-Directsound the Entry Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) is missing in Player 5
                  No, it is not that Player 5 misses that option, it is that Optical doesn't support Speaker output.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

Hello Mona,

Thank you for information,

Best regards
                    Michi

Comment

Working...
                    X