Win 10 system BSOD crashing problem with Media player 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 10 system BSOD crashing problem with Media player 5

Can anyone please help me resolve system crashing problem with Media player 5?

I just purchased Media Player 5 Ultra and I cannot use it because I am getting BSOD every time I sign into windows when it is installed on my Windows 10 system. Most times right away, and sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes.

The BSOD crash does not occur when Media Player 5 is not installed and does not occur when playing movie with the FREE Power DVD 14 that came with my UHD Blu-ray DVD Drive (BP60NB10). When playing movie I am using DVDFab virtual drive and ISO file with both Media Player 5 and Power DVD 14.

The BSOD stop codes are APC Index Mismatch and Kernel Security Check Failure.

One support person suggested I try disabling video acceleration however I cannot find any way to do that on my system. I also uninstalled the player, deleted the folder in program files and reinstalled, but no help.
    Also Power DVD 14 works fine. Only media player 5 causes BSODs when installed to the extent I must use system restore to point before Media player was installation to get back to a stable system.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

System info:
    Dell XPS 15 9570, Win 10 Home 64-bit Build 17134, Bios 1.7.0, Intel i&-8750H CPU @ 2.2GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti Max-Q (4GB GDDR5), Duel Dell U2415 HDMI Monitors

Originally posted by pssnn View Post
    Can anyone please help me resolve system crashing problem with Media player 5?

I just purchased Media Player 5 Ultra and I cannot use it because I am getting BSOD every time I sign into windows when it is installed on my Windows 10 system. Most times right away, and sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes.

The BSOD crash does not occur when Media Player 5 is not installed and does not occur when playing movie with the FREE Power DVD 14 that came with my UHD Blu-ray DVD Drive (BP60NB10). When playing movie I am using DVDFab virtual drive and ISO file with both Media Player 5 and Power DVD 14.

The BSOD stop codes are APC Index Mismatch and Kernel Security Check Failure.

One support person suggested I try disabling video acceleration however I cannot find any way to do that on my system. I also uninstalled the player, deleted the folder in program files and reinstalled, but no help.
    Also Power DVD 14 works fine. Only media player 5 causes BSODs when installed to the extent I must use system restore to point before Media player was installation to get back to a stable system.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

System info:
    Dell XPS 15 9570, Win 10 Home 64-bit Build 17134, Bios 1.7.0, Intel i&-8750H CPU @ 2.2GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti Max-Q (4GB GDDR5), Duel Dell U2415 HDMI Monitors
    Do you mean after install DVDFab Player 5, even you do not start it up, your computer has a BSOD crash? or in which step exactly does your computer encounter BSOD after install DVDFab Player 5?

Please zip the log folder and send us the zip file, thanks. The default location for the log is: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi Ashley,

The BSOD only occurs when Media Player 5 is installed on my system. When it is not installed I have no Issues.

Normally the BSOD occurs after the first reboot after DVDFab Player 5 was installed. Usually within a few seconds to a minute or so after signing into windows (before even trying to start the player software) the crash will occur. BSOD stop codes are either APC Index Mismatch and Kernel Security Check Failure.

Vivian from DVDFAB support first suggested through email, uninstalling the player, then deleting the DVDFab Player 5 folder in the programs file, and then reinstalling DVDFab Player 5. This did not help.

Vivian from DVDFAB support then suggested to disable video acceleration in the DVDFab Player 5 software settings, update video drivers, and then to run player in simple mode. I tried that but it did not help, and soon experienced a catastrophic system failure as explained below.

In order to get past the BSOB I was required to use system restore to a point prior to DVDFab Player 5 installation to be able to start windows normally. I did this a number of times to try the suggestions of DVDFAB support however the last time I tries to restore windows after the DVDFAB BSOD crash, a fatal system error occurred and I was required to completely reload the windows system with factory restore and reinstall all software.

As such I lost all previous files and I have no logs for the crash.

I just got my system working and software installed but have not tried to install DVDFab Player 5 because for safety I will be making a system image first.

After I get a chance to install DVDFab Player 5 on the clean system, if it crashed again I will attempt to get the requested logs. Would any windows logs also be helpful? If so I can try to send those as well.

Thank you for your help.
      Kind regards
      Last edited by pssnn; 04-13-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

try checking your graphics card to see if it has the latest driver update
        or rollback to an earlier driver.
        did you try disabling your antivirus software ??
        try restarting your computer in safemode with networking and then try
        starting media player 5 and see if you still get the BSOD.

Comment

Hi October262,

Thank you for your input.

I did update the graphics card driver and also had the same issue with the previous version of the graphics driver. DVDFab Player 5 has always crashed my system since I purchased it a few weeks ago without exception. It would be nice to either get it working or get a refund as I paid a lot of $$$ for it.

I do not see what disabling my antivirus would have the do with having DVDFab Player 5 installed on my system. I do not have to disable it with any other software I have installed on my system. Maybe I will try just as a troubleshooting step but it would be unacceptable to have any software where disabling antivirus was necessary in order to use the software.

Just to be clear, I do not need to start the DVDFab Player 5 in order for it to crash my system. It only needs to be installed. Weird, Definitely only related to having DVDFab Player 5 installed on the system.

I have not tried to restart in safe mode after installing DVDFab Player 5 and rebooting. The BSOB issue occurs without exception after signing into windows following the first reboot after DVDFab Player 5 is installed. From that point onward the BSOD will occur without exception every time I sign into windows until I restore windows to a point prior to DVDFab Player 5 installation. The last time the BSOD occurred system restore did not work and I actually had to do a factory reset.

As soon as I finish updating all of my software and making a new system image, I'll see what happens when I try to install DVDFab Player 5 again and restart in safe mode.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Comment

With the release of Ver. 5.0.2.7 DVDFab player is no longer causing problems on my system. Thank you Ashley and October262 for replying to my posts.

Comment

Working...
            X