Hardware acceleration decoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware acceleration decoding

Does hardware acceleration decoding in DVDfab player 5 ultra also give you better image quality or is it just to work faster?

I am asking this because if I use this on my htpc it gives random freezes in de playback of a m2ts file uhd hdr.

Without the hardware acceleration decoding the video plays without any problem.

my htpc contains the following items,

case: Fractal Design Node 202
    CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9i
    CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F (6 cores)
    MOBO: ASRock H370M-ITX/ac
    m2ssd: Kingston SA2000M8/500G
    RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 - 8 GB - DIMM 288-PIN - 2666 MHz / PC4-21300 - CL13 - 1.35 V
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING ACX 3.0
    PSU: Corsair SF Series SF450 Full modular

On my game pc with a 2080ti and 9900k it works fine

it does not need it and its the same quality but it makes the computer use significantly less power and cpu it works fine on my 2 1050s and 1070Ti with decoding also works fine on my gfs 1050Ti
    Last edited by steavedaguru; 09-19-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I have the feeling the cpu is lacking because sometimes i see a core in the task manager on 100%. If this is happening i am not getting a freeze. The freeze is random and during this freeze the cpu or other parts are not in 100%.

You should say the pc needs to perform better with hardware accel, but instead i am getting stutter. I must say this is not Always the case. Also with hardware accel i have watched flawless 4k uhd movies.

I am touching in the dark here.

Comment

Hi, please use Player 6 to playback the m2ts file uhd hdr, and repeat the random freeze issue, and then zip the whole Player 6 log folder and send it to us. Also, please go to PC mode>Settings>Video section, and use the "Analyze Hardware" button to run an analysis and screen shot the result and send it to us. I will have the developer check and see what they can find, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Hi, please use Player 6 to playback the m2ts file uhd hdr, and repeat the random freeze issue, and then zip the whole Player 6 log folder and send it to us. Also, please go to PC mode>Settings>Video section, and use the "Analyze Hardware" button to run an analysis and screen shot the result and send it to us. I will have the developer check and see what they can find, thanks.
          the log file is to large so here is the upload. https://we.tl/t-L9lPXFWgbu
          Attached Files

Comment

I've passed the available information to the developer.

Comment

Working...
            X