Choppy Playback on Cowboys & Aliens BDMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choppy Playback on Cowboys & Aliens BDMV

Noticed some choppiness on one particular blu-ray backup (BDMV folder off HDD) - Cowboys & Aliens Extended Edition.
    This happens on multiple systems (intel and AMD based) but does not happen on PowerDVD on the same system.
    Both using hardware acceleration options - not too sure what would cause only Fab to stutter.
    This also happens with older versions of Fab so it is not specific to v6

seamless branching they have been ignoring this for moths and never do anything i sent they everything they ask and never any updates
    see here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-uhd-iso-files

Comment

I really have to defend the DVD FAb Team in this regard! They are trying their best. Multiple issue that were reported by myself got fixed. Seamless branching is really hard to code I guess, Mona already said that! It's better if an update takes some time and releases without bugs compared to releasing it in a hurry with multiple issues. Mona is really nice and answers every issue quite fast. The developer team will need some time to improve the player. The last update was a month ago with the music features. These features were a bit misleading regarding the real issues at hand, I would agree with that. I think that sooner or later we will get a new version of the player that fixes the problems with the playback with high bitrate UHD movies and movies with seamless branching.

Let's be nice and think positive!

Stay healthy, yours, Walpurgis.

Comment

I do hope they fix it, but yeah Mona and the DVDFab people have been very nice. I've had support groups completely ignore bugs before. Just hope this one gets sorted out. Watching more movies thanks to the pandemic so this stuff seems to stand out more.

Comment

This is better in 6.1.0.4 but there is still some stutter. Much smoother than previous versions. I can confirm this disc uses seamless branching (extended and theatrical versions on one disc) and those scenes are where the issue is. In older versions jitter/stutter seemed to extend through the scene. In 6.1.0.4 is appears only in the initial transition to the scene.

Comment

Working...
          X