Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9.0.0.1 How to convert registration key ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Hi,

Please send email to service@dvdfab.cn if you get the free Passkey in giveaway.

Thanks!

Wilson

Follow these instructions if applicable to you.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

To those concerned,

The new Passkey 9 uses the online verification method for activation, which means PAID USERS just need to enter their login information at DVDFab Member Center to activate the software.

However, if the (lifetime) license you own was a free gift or obtained from previous giveaway campaigns, then to activate Passkey 9, you will have to make a purchase and we are offering 30% off discount, the coupon is PASSKEY30OFF, which shall expire at the end of Sept. 18.

If you don't want to purchase Passkey 9, you can still use Passkey 8 forever with your current license, the only difference is that Passkey 8 is no longer able to handle new protections.

For those who don't know how to activate Passkey 9, please refer to the online tutorial available at http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm?pid=passkey
      Last edited by malcolm; 09-04-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

So is not lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Electro007 View Post
          So is not lifetime.
          It's lifetime for Passkey 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            This is just playing with the words .

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true.

Going back to 8, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                I knew it was too good to be true.

Going back to 8, I guess.
                Yes , I am sure the next one was media players ... soon.

Comment

Well, Whaddu-u-know, (Translation: Guess what?)

Tried to re-download v8.9.8.5 and then v8.5.8.3, it redirects me back to v9.0.0.1

How do I get back to v8.9.8.3 or v.8.9.8.5 ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                    Doesn't say anything about Passkey 8 in the email they sent us with the offer.
                    I talks about loyal friends with Free Lifetime Passkey in big letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabber View Post
                      Doesn't say anything about Passkey 8 in the email they sent us with the offer.
                      I talks about loyal friends with Free Lifetime Passkey in big letters.

Did you read post #17

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                        How do I get back to v8.9.8.3 or v.8.9.8.5 ?????
                        I take those files from my backup folder, where I store older DVBFab versions and other software tool, which I install on my PC.

Usually those exe-files are downloaded in your download folder. If you don't tidy up that regularly, you might find thoses version there - supposed you had installed those versions before.

Comment

So let me get this straight.... Back in August 2015, had I purchased a Lifetime license to Passkey, going from version 8 to version 9 today would be no different than when updates for version 8 came out... i.e. My license would not be impacted as I install the newer versions (including 9.x).

BUT... since I received my Passkey LIFETIME LICENSE as a give away, the license is no longer valid in version 9 and if I want 9, I have to pay for a subscription or lifetime license?

So what constitutes LIFETIME?

Because....

The the give away offer for FREE LIFETIME Passkey license (posted by Flabber in Post #24 of this thread) doesn't mention anything but PASSKEY. The email I got with my license file also does not mention anything but PASSKEY...
                          Code:
                          Dear Sir/Madam, 

Thanks for participating in our Passkey Giveaway. Please download, install and activate Passkey per the instructions below: 

1. Download Passkey by clicking http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY
                          2. Follow the installation wizard to install Passkey on your PC
                          3. Use the key file attached in this E-mail to activate Passkey 

Tips to activate Passkey: http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm

Sincerely,
                          DVDFab Support Team
                          Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dvdfabsoftware
                          I guess what I'm saying is, the way the give-away offer and license emails are worded, it sure looks like we were being given a FULL Passkey license, the same as if we had purchased one, and not a "time (or version) limited" license which is what we apparently got. And that is dishonest and deceitful. If these licenses were truly for version 8 only... then the offers and emails should have said that, but they clearly didn't. I hope you can understand how upset and dissatisfied that will make many users.

I hope you can also understand how now I question what your company means by "LIFETIME" because I have purchased LIFETIME Licenses for DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper (with 3D). will I have to buy a new 'lifetime" license for them at some point in the future too??

Comment

Originally posted by Electro007 View Post
                            Yes , I am sure the next one was media players ... soon.

That's not gonna happen, as Media Player for Windows has already been upgraded to version 3 in the early August, and paid users were not rechagred for upgrade; when the Media Player 2 was released, DVDFab didn't charge paid users neither; and we can assure you that when the Mac version of Media Player 3 comes out, this principle shall not be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                              That's not gonna happen, as Media Player for Windows has already been upgraded to version 3 in the early August, and paid users were not rechagred for upgrade; when the Media Player 2 was released, DVDFab didn't charge paid users neither; and we can assure you that when the Mac version of Media Player 3 comes out, this principle shall not be changed.
                              There was a DVDFab media player give away (end of Sept 2015) that said "free lifetime video playback experience"

Should those who took part in that give away expect to have to pay for a license at some point in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                                So let me get this straight.... Back in August 2015, had I purchased a Lifetime license to Passkey, going from version 8 to version 9 today would be no different than when updates for version 8 came out... i.e. My license would not be impacted as I install the newer versions (including 9.x).

BUT... since I received my Passkey LIFETIME LICENSE as a give away, the license is no longer valid in version 9 and if I want 9, I have to pay for a subscription or lifetime license?

So what constitutes LIFETIME?

Because....

The the give away offer for FREE LIFETIME Passkey license (posted by Flabber in Post #24 of this thread) doesn't mention anything but PASSKEY. The email I got with my license file also does not mention anything but PASSKEY...
                                Code:
                                Dear Sir/Madam, 

Thanks for participating in our Passkey Giveaway. Please download, install and activate Passkey per the instructions below: 

1. Download Passkey by clicking http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY
                                2. Follow the installation wizard to install Passkey on your PC
                                3. Use the key file attached in this E-mail to activate Passkey 

Tips to activate Passkey: http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm

Sincerely,
                                DVDFab Support Team
                                Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dvdfabsoftware
                                I guess what I'm saying is, the way the give-away offer and license emails are worded, it sure looks like we were being given a FULL Passkey license, the same as if we had purchased one, and not a "time (or version) limited" license which is what we apparently got. And that is dishonest and deceitful. If these licenses were truly for version 8 only... then the offers and emails should have said that, but they clearly didn't. I hope you can understand how upset and dissatisfied that will make many users.

I hope you can also understand how now I question what your company means by "LIFETIME" because I have purchased LIFETIME Licenses for DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper (with 3D). will I have to buy a new 'lifetime" license for them at some point in the future too??

Let's be clear:

1. As far as upgrade is concerned, regardless of major upgrades or minor updates inside a specific major version, paid users, including lifetime licenses and unexpired 1/2/3/4-year licenses, were not asked to pay a single dime again. No matter what product gets involved:

DVDFab: It's been almost 13 years since the first release of DVDFab 1 back in 2003, and during those passing 13 years, DVDFab didn't recharge paid users with unexpired licenses from DVDFab 1.x to DVDFab 2.x...all the way down to DVDFab 9.x, and DVDFab 10 is about to come, and DVDFab will not recharge paid users with unexpired licenses either;

Passkey: the first version of Passkey was released in 2010, now Passkey 9 has come out, any paid users with unexpired licenses will not be recharged. Only those who get their licenses as a giveaway gift, the reason for this has been well explained here at http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784;

Media Player: the original Media Player was first released in 2012, and now the latest Windows version is Media Player 3, during the past 4 years, DVDFab didn't rechage paid users with unexpired licenses when they made upgrades, and we can assure you when the Mac version of Media Player 3 comes out, DVDFab will not recharge paid users with unexpired licenses neither;

PC Backup and iFoneRestore have also been upgraded to major version 2, and DVDFab didn't recharge paid users with unexpired licenses either.

In one word:the free upgrade policy to paid users with unexpired licenses shall never be changed.

2. Passkey 8 will be always available for download at DVDFab's website, despite it will not be updated, it does not mean users with unexpired licenses cannot use it any longer. In fact, it will always work with your old DVD collections, and users can use it as long as they want to, except for when you buy new DVDs that are proved with new protections,in which case, you will have to use Passkey 9.
                                Last edited by malcolm; 09-05-2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X