Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9.0.0.1 How to convert registration key ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    There was a DVDFab media player give away (end of Sept 2015) that said "free lifetime video playback experience"

Should those who took part in that give away expect to have to pay for a license at some point in the future?

No, you will never be charged for playing back video files, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, TS, FLV, etc and etc, because that feature is covered in the free version. Check the attached picture if you would like to.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      No, you will never be charged for playing back video files, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, TS, FLV, etc and etc, because that feature is covered in the free version. Check the attached picture if you would like to.
      What about the "advanced features" that shows as promotion, never expires?

Comment

Let's be clear:

1. As far as upgrade is concerned, regardless of major upgrades or minor updates inside a specific major version, paid users, including lifetime licenses and unexpired 1/2/3/4-year licenses, were not asked to pay a single dime again. No matter what product gets involved:

DVDFab: It's been almost 13 years since the first release of DVDFab 1 back in 2003, and during those passing 13 years, DVDFab didn't recharge paid users with unexpired licenses from DVDFab 1.x to DVDFab 2.x...all the way down to DVDFab 9.x, and DVDFab 10 is about to come, and DVDFab will not recharge paid users with unexpired licenses either;

Passkey: the first version of Passkey was released in 2010, now Passkey 9 has come out, any paid users with unexpired licenses will not be recharged. Only those who get their licenses as a giveaway gift, the reason for this has been well explained here at http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784;

Media Player: the original Media Player was first released in 2012, and now the latest Windows version is Media Player 3, during the past 4 years, DVDFab didn't rechage paid users with unexpired licenses when they made upgrades, and we can assure you when the Mac version of Media Player 3 comes out, DVDFab will not recharge paid users with unexpired licenses neither;

PC Backup and iFoneRestore have also been upgraded to major version 2, and DVDFab didn't recharge paid users with unexpired licenses either.

In one word:the free upgrade policy to paid users with unexpired licenses shall never be changed.

2. Passkey 8 will be always available for download at DVDFab's website, despite it will not be updated, it does not mean users with unexpired licenses cannot use it any longer. In fact, it will always work with your old DVD collections, and users can use it as long as they want to, except for when you buy new DVDs that are proved with new protections,in which case, you will have to use Passkey 9.
        I read that. Fine.

But again, the Passkey give away offer emails, and the email with the license said LIFETIME License, without any mention of limits, restrictions, etc.

So how is one to know that the Lifetime Licenses given out as part of the free give ways were any different than the paid for Lifetime licenses?

EDIT: I see this posted -> http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784

That should have been posted a few weeks BEFORE you posted v9.

It would have made this situation MUCH MUCH EASIER TO TAKE!!!
        Last edited by KidJoe; 09-05-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          What about the "advanced features" that shows as promotion, never expires?
          The "Advanced features" are for paid versions, as long as your license is still in effect, they shall work for you. As far as I can recall, DVDFab didn't give free lifetime licenses in the past to its Media Player.

Comment

The "Advanced features" are for paid versions, as long as your license is still in effect, they shall work for you. As far as I can recall, DVDFab didn't give free lifetime licenses in the past to its Media Player.
            That's wrong!

I HAVE a free lifetime license for DVDFab Media Player. This was a giveaway as just as for Passkey....

Comment

Originally posted by FromItaly View Post
              That's wrong!

I HAVE a free lifetime license for DVDFab Media Player. This was a giveaway as just as for Passkey....

To be objective, can you please PM me your license, so that we can verify wether or not that license was issued by DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                Well, Whaddu-u-know, (Translation: Guess what?)

Tried to re-download v8.9.8.5 and then v8.5.8.3, it redirects me back to v9.0.0.1

How do I get back to v8.9.8.3 or v.8.9.8.5 ?????

The last version of Passkey 8 was version 8.2.8.5, instead of v.8.9.8.5, and you can get it from the DOWNLOAD CENTER here at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm, it sits side by side with version 9.

Comment

To be objective, can you please PM me your license, so that we can verify wether or not that license was issued by DVDFab?
                  Hi.
                  Check this link:
                  <span style="color:blue"><b>Latest versions: <span style="color:red"> Fab Player v2.4.00 (Mac) |<span style="color:blue">| NEW VERSION:<span style="color:red">Fab Player v3.1.0.1 (Win) is out! </b></span>

I too have the pro-version version 3.xx of dvdfab media-player. License says "promotion never expires".
                  Regards Hasse
                  Last edited by hasse; 09-05-2016, 09:11 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by hasse View Post
                    Hi.
                    Check this link:
                    <span style="color:blue"><b>Latest versions: <span style="color:red"> Fab Player v2.4.00 (Mac) |<span style="color:blue">| NEW VERSION:<span style="color:red">Fab Player v3.1.0.1 (Win) is out! </b></span>

I too have the pro-version version 3.xx of dvdfab media-player. License says "promotion never expires".
                    Regards Hasse
                    Hi hasse, in that thread, Signal has made it very clear the lifetime license is for Media Player 2, no matter the one you received is for Windows or Mac. Due to the fact that Media Player 3 for Windows has already been released in the early August, and you are not asked to re-buy the product, so I guess it means that you can still use that license with version 3.

Comment

Hi.
                      Yes,as i updated to version 3.xx,i was sure i would have to buy a license for that,because it is clearly only promised to be a free promotion for the version 2.xx.
                      Well this is a bit off-topic, as this is about passkey.
                      Just wanted to shown you that there had been give-aways for dvdfab media-player too.
                      Regards hasse

Comment

DVDFab Media Player - Version 3

My DVDFab Media Player was acquired via the free license giveaway initiated by Fengtao. It was (and IS) greatly appreciated.
                        My installed DVDFab version 3 Media player installation clearly indicates that the pro version is installed, never expires and is activated - as has been my understanding all along.
                        Is Malcolm saying Fengtao plans to renege on that lifetime license at some point also??
                        Posted by Malcolm: "As far as I can recall, DVDFab didn't give free lifetime licenses in the past to its Media Player." - you are not correct!! Do your homework Malcolm before posting - respectfully submitted - Rich86

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                          My DVDFab Media Player was acquired via the free license giveaway initiated by Fengtao. It was (and IS) greatly appreciated.
                          My installed DVDFab version 3 Media player installation clearly indicates that the pro version is installed, never expires and is activated - as has been my understanding all along.
                          Is Malcolm saying Fengtao plans to renege on that lifetime license at some point also??
                          Posted by Malcolm: "As far as I can recall, DVDFab didn't give free lifetime licenses in the past to its Media Player." - you are not correct!! Do your homework Malcolm before posting - respectfully submitted - Rich86
                          Yes, you are right, Rich86, I was wrong about this, I should have asked my boss in the first place. And I'm truly sorry about that!

Comment

Yes, you are right, Rich86, I was wrong about this, I should have asked my boss in the first place. And I'm truly sorry about that!
                            No problem . . many of us have been around Fengtao & DVDFab since the beginning. We all appreciate your efforts to keep us informed.

Comment

Are you JOKING ?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X