DVDFab Forum - About Passkey 9 Free Upgrade

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Passkey 9 Free Upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Disappearing Lifetime Passkey License . . .

    I never received a message about this.
    I installed 9001 when I saw it being available - and was greeted with the demotion to trial user box. Very upsetting.
    I have just now re-installed v.8285 over the crippled 9001 - and my lifetime license appears active again. I did not re-download 8285. I used the .exe I already had on my computer (in case that makes a difference somehow).

    Comment


    • #17
      It makes all the difference.

      I tried to install 9.0.0.1 BEFORE we received notification that it didn't apply to the v8 giveaway recipients.

      Since it is a NEW Version, I thought I had to uninstall v8, for it to work. Now I can't reinstall v8, even when I use the Passkey provided in the "Download" section.

      Bottom line, as we speak, I have both v8 and v9 on my machine, and both are *trial*

      Whoopeeeeee!

      EDITED TO ADD.......30 min after the above reply

      Can't put the blame on DVDFab, in any way, shape or form. I am guilty of NOT reading the eMail all the way to the end.

      Below, is a copy/paste of the last paragraph:




      ● 30% Discount to New Customers — all the new customers are provided with deep 30% discount coupon PASSKEY30OFF which expires in 15 days. This discount coupon is also available to those giveaway version users who want to upgrade to Passkey 9, otherwise, they can continue using Passkey 8 with their unexpired licenses.
      Last edited by mdgboxx; 09-06-2016, 03:03 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
        It makes all the difference.

        I tried to install 9.0.0.1 BEFORE we received notification that it didn't apply to the v8 giveaway recipients.

        Since it is a NEW Version, I thought I had to uninstall v8, for it to work. Now I can't reinstall v8, even when I use the Passkey provided in the "Download" section.

        Bottom line, as we speak, I have both v8 and v9 on my machine, and both are *trial*

        Whoopeeeeee!

        mdgboxx, maybe you can run a complete uninstallation of Passkey from the Control Panel, and then install v8 freshly with the .exe file, and then your old key shall work without a problem.

        Comment


        • #19
          System restore is a program that's been in every version of windows if you use a computer you should learn how to use system restore it will put your computer back to the way it was before something was deleted.changed or corrupted.

          Use a restore date before you downloaded version 9 then after the restore just update any new programs and security files that's it real easy you can go back and forth in time and even if it don't work you can undo it so everything goes back to before you tried it.This is not rocket science give it a try.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            mdgboxx, maybe you can run a complete uninstallation of Passkey from the Control Panel, and then install v8 freshly with the .exe file, and then your old key shall work without a problem.
            Sorry to put you through all this trouble, "malcolm", but I am a complete DUNCE.

            1) I clicked on "Quick Links" to find the Control Panel
            2) I can't find any uninstall tool, or anything suggesting uninstall
            3) I went to my Windows Control Panel-->Programs/Functions, and uninstalled all Passkey, v8 and v9.
            When I uninstalled v9, a prompt said that it couldn't uninstall ALL of it and some parts would have to be uninstalled manually. I ignored it since it's v9 and not v8
            4) I went to the Download section of Fab, and clicked on v8.2.8.5 download, and again the activation key is wrong.

            It still reads: trial user, never be used

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
              Sorry to put you through all this trouble, "malcolm", but I am a complete DUNCE.

              1) I clicked on "Quick Links" to find the Control Panel
              2) I can't find any uninstall tool, or anything suggesting uninstall
              3) I went to my Windows Control Panel-->Programs/Functions, and uninstalled all Passkey, v8 and v9.
              When I uninstalled v9, a prompt said that it couldn't uninstall ALL of it and some parts would have to be uninstalled manually. I ignored it since it's v9 and not v8
              4) I went to the Download section of Fab, and clicked on v8.2.8.5 download, and again the activation key is wrong.

              It still reads: trial user, never be used
              Just throwing ideas out here . . .
              since you uninstalled v8 when installing v9, maybe the v8 license key got removed in the process? do you still have the key file we received originally for Passkey?
              if yes - try installing v.8 - and then double clicking on that original passkey key file maybe? It should have a name like "key.dvdfabpasskey" (w/o the quotes). Maybe that will reactivate your version 8 license?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                Just throwing ideas out here . . .
                since you uninstalled v8 when installing v9, maybe the v8 license key got removed in the process? do you still have the key file we received originally for Passkey?
                if yes - try installing v.8 - and then double clicking on that original passkey key file maybe? It should have a name like "key.dvdfabpasskey" (w/o the quotes). Maybe that will reactivate your version 8 license?

                Through my Control Panel-->Programs/Functions I uninstalled everything from my machine. There are NO Passeys or Passkey activation codes anywhere.

                Nadda, ziltch, nothun'.

                Thank you, Rich86, for the thought of trying to help.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The passkey activation code was attached to a letter fab sent you after you got the passkey giveaway did you save the letter? if not do you back up email? if not use system restore.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    To all who have replied, and came to my rescue.......

                    I am guilty of deleting V8 from my machine, while desperately trying to upgrade to, what I believed at the time, was a free New Version of Passkey. (v9.0.0.1)

                    I went as far as trying to open a chat session with DVDFab Team Support, but it was closed over the week-end.

                    I was surprised when I received an eMail from Team Support on Monday. My failed attempt to open a chat had been registered. (I did not know this)

                    Already long story short, DVDFab Team Support sent me the PROPER activation key for Windows v8.2.8.5, and my issue has now been resolved.

                    A sincere thank you to all, for your contributions.

                    SIDE NOTE: "malcolm" has worked really hard to get this fixed. Team Support beat him to the finish line. I truly appreciate his effort.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                      To all who have replied, and came to my rescue.......

                      I am guilty of deleting V8 from my machine, while desperately trying to upgrade to, what I believed at the time, was a free New Version of Passkey. (v9.0.0.1)

                      I went as far as trying to open a chat session with DVDFab Team Support, but it was closed over the week-end.

                      I was surprised when I received an eMail from Team Support on Monday. My failed attempt to open a chat had been registered. (I did not know this)

                      Already long story short, DVDFab Team Support sent me the PROPER activation key for Windows v8.2.8.5, and my issue has now been resolved.

                      A sincere thank you to all, for your contributions.

                      SIDE NOTE: "malcolm" has worked really hard to get this fixed. Team Support beat him to the finish line. I truly appreciate his effort.

                      Hi, mdgboxx, glad to hear that your problem was finally fixed by our Service Team, and you are very much welcome, no to need to thank me, after all, I was beaten by my colleague in rescuring you...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        30% Discount

                        How can I make the purchase with the 30% discount? I see a link for 20% but to an old guy with limited funds that 10% makes the difference between buy, or AnyDVD

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by scarboro98 View Post
                          How can I make the purchase with the 30% discount? I see a link for 20% but to an old guy with limited funds that 10% makes the difference between buy, or AnyDVD
                          Use this code: PASSKEY30OFF

                          This is okay to post.
                          Last edited by 90312; 09-07-2016, 10:41 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by scarboro98 View Post
                            How can I make the purchase with the 30% discount? I see a link for 20% but to an old guy with limited funds that 10% makes the difference between buy, or AnyDVD

                            I did some searching, to find the proper link that applies to the 30% promotion, if only to help you out.

                            I could only find it in the Sept 03, Promotional eMail sent by DVDFab. It is valid until Sept 18.

                            In an earlier reply (Post #18) in this thread, I copy/pasted the 3rd (last) paragraph of that eMail.
                            Last edited by mdgboxx; 09-07-2016, 08:09 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The developers here are the best in the world, they have to be paid, you should be happy to buy this new version, I for one think that its overdue, Fab is Fabulous. Cudos to the Devs and Fengtao for this new version.
                              Intel i7 5960X Extreme
                              Asus X99 Sabertooth
                              32 gbs of Corsair Dual Channel Memory@2133mhz
                              Samsung 1TB 850 Pro, Samsung F3 1TB
                              Swiftech H20-320 Edge Kit Cooler
                              Windows 10 64 bit Pro
                              Corsair AX 1200iW PSU
                              Asus Bluray Drive + 2 BenQ opticals
                              Corsair Obsidian 800D Case


                              IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ, PLEASE GO BACK AND READ WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hi ...

                                I totally understand the decision about Passkey 9 ...

                                But I have a question ...

                                When you will release Passkey 10 in several months, will the v9 paid customers have to pay again for v10 or will it be an "upgrade" from v9 to v10 that could use the same key as v9 ??

                                Depending on your answer, I may think about getting the new v9 license but I have to admit that if it could be possible to have the following feature, this would be perfect ...

                                - Beeing able to start and play the movie immediately and avoid playing all the boring trailers and Legal Warning Messages

                                Thanks for your job ...

                                LePousson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X