Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9.0.0.1 So, what it means to you "lifetime" ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
    So you actually belive everything SlySoft/RedFox told you, don't you? In 2014 (at that time, SlySoft was still safe and sound) when DVDFab was shut down by AACS LA, DVDFab could have rebranded itself and changed its products with another logo, and then asked all the customers to repay them for using the revamped products.

However, the fact was that DVDFab didn't do it that way. It relaunched its websites as soon as she was capable of, with exactly the same DVDFab brand, the same products, and it did not ask their customers to rebuy their licenses, because everyone inside the team believes it is the morally right thing to do, to be responsible for the paid customers.
    I said what they had posted on their forums... I didn't say I believed it.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      I said what they had posted on their forums... I didn't say I believed it.
      Then it's fair enough!

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
        So you actually belive everything SlySoft/RedFox told you, don't you? In 2014 (at that time, SlySoft was still safe and sound) when DVDFab was shut down by AACS LA, DVDFab could have rebranded itself and changed its products with another logo, and then asked all the customers to repay them for using the revamped products.

However, the fact was that DVDFab didn't do it that way. It relaunched its websites as soon as she was capable of, with exactly the same DVDFab brand, the same products, and it did not ask their customers to rebuy their licenses, because everyone inside the team believes it is the morally right thing to do, to be responsible for the paid customers.
        "what was posted on their forum was that the Slysoft owner had legal and financial troubles so he shut the company down... after that it gets muddy about the developers not being paid, owed compensation, and how that turned into Redfox, under new ownership, making AnyDVD available from other locations but requiring new licenses... "

actually - what happened to Slysoft was reported in a number of places outside of their own site. They were basically forced to shut down. But key members of the programming staff decided to continue development and offer the product - hence the birth of RedFox . . From what I read it was a difficult decision to continue on and struggle to get it going.
        Since RedFox had no assets or revenues, they explained they had to basically start from scratch financially . . hence the decision to require new licenses for newer versions with new & updated capabilities.
        Last edited by Rich86; 09-07-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The way I see it, Passkey Lifetime was a present, and now it is broken.

It's a pity, yes, but still I do not complain about the present.

More important, it's true what malcolm said, Fab never let paid customers down.

Comment

paid lifetime passkey-not lifetime either!

Well, they will do it. Because I am a paid customer. I purchased both dvd and blu ray passkey not even a year ago. Now I go to use it and it says that I am expired. I still have my receipt and activation key but I am getting nowhere with it on support. I am really upset about this. I spent almost $100 on lifetime subscriptions thinking they were just that. Not even a year later, they are now expired and I refuse to purchase them again.

Comment

Just activate it. The same way you activate DVDFab with the user name and password you created in the members site. You don't have to buy it just activate it, doesn't use a key anymore.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Passkey 8 - usability

I just tried to open "The Shallows" blu-ray under Passkey 8285 (I am one of those customers who has had "lifetime license" redefined to exclude version 9) and got the message saying it could not support this title and I must "upgrade" to a new version. I am a bit confused about this as "The Shallows" is not a Fox title (it is Sony) and has no unusual copy protection on it (it has cinavia, but I don't care about that). Has Fengtao crippled Passkey 8 preventing it from opening any newer discs regardless of whether any program or on-line BD update is necessary to open it? Has Fengtao stopped Passkey 8 from getting into the on-line DB? It opened perfectly fine in DVDFab 9316 in trial mode for blu-ray full disc copy.

Comment

Try disconnecting the internet and run the disk again.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                    Try disconnecting the internet and run the disk again.
                    then it just says it needs to connect to the internet . . .

Comment

That blu ray was just released September 27, 2016 so version 8 won't work try it with the free trial in version 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                        I just tried to open "The Shallows" blu-ray under Passkey 8285 (I am one of those customers who has had "lifetime license" redefined to exclude version 9) and got the message saying it could not support this title and I must "upgrade" to a new version. I am a bit confused about this as "The Shallows" is not a Fox title (it is Sony) and has no unusual copy protection on it (it has cinavia, but I don't care about that). Has Fengtao crippled Passkey 8 preventing it from opening any newer discs regardless of whether any program or on-line BD update is necessary to open it? Has Fengtao stopped Passkey 8 from getting into the on-line DB? It opened perfectly fine in DVDFab 9316 in trial mode for blu-ray full disc copy.
                        read here post #10 - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29784
                        i'm guessing passkey 8 won't be updated for newer dvd/bluray
                        copy protections but should work fine on older titles.

Comment

That blu ray was just released September 27, 2016 so version 8 won't work try it with the free trial in version 9.
                          That does not address my question: why won't it work if there is no new copy protection on this title? why does the DVDFab V.9 trial version work? I thought Passkey 8 was supposed to continue to work, but not get any updates or enhancements. If it is also being crippled, I need to know that so I can stop wasting my time trying to use it?

Comment

If I may quote from Famous American judge (the preponderance of the evidence) show man with broken leg walks slow.

Comment

If I may quote from Famous American judge (the preponderance of the evidence) show man with broken leg walks slow.
                              True - the question is . . who broke the leg . . and why . .

Comment

Well the why is easy like Star treks deep space 9 Quark would say Ferengi rule of acquisition #103 Profit makes the worlds problems seem so much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X