Windows 10 - digitally signed driver required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 - digitally signed driver required

I installed Passkey 9.0.0.8 on a new Win 10 Home 64 bit machine running the Anniversary Update. While the installation completes, Windows pops up an alert dialog:

This is due to Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 10, enabled by default, which you cannot disable temporarily. You can disable it permanently by changing the boot options, but it then exposes your computer to the risk of malicious driver installations by malware etc, so I'm not willing to do that.

As a result, the Passkey driver cannot install, and so Passkey does not detect any DVD/BD drives attached to the computer.

I am aware of the older thread discussing this.

It would appear at the moment that Passkey is not "Windows 10 Ready"...

When will this be fixed? The procedure for submitting kernel drivers for signing is well documented, you need an EV code signing cert and it must be submitted through the MS HWDC site. Please work on this ASAP Fengtao.
    Last edited by Synergist; 10-30-2016, 12:01 AM.

Look here, I've posted it about it before too:

<span style="color:blue"><b>NEW Version:::::<span style="color:red">::::: Passkey v9.2.1.0 is out! <span style="color: blue"> <span style="color:red"> </b></span>

I think something is being worked on? I'm not sure and I gave up trying.

Like your post said, my non-ideal work around is to disable secure boot in my BIOS.
    Last edited by Porkrinds; 10-30-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The dev is working on this...

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
        Hi,

The dev is working on this...

Wilson
        Good to hear. How long do you think it will take, have you submitted the drivers and you are waiting for certification from Microsoft, or are there other delays?

Comment

Originally posted by Synergist View Post
          Good to hear. How long do you think it will take, have you submitted the drivers and you are waiting for certification from Microsoft, or are there other delays?

Win 10 hit the market like an unpredictable tsunami, IMHO.
          Obviously, they'll get everything sorted out over time. But, should I need a new computer, within the next few years, these types of situations, only add more weight to my decision to go Mac instead.

When I attempted to upgrade to W10, from Win7, it completely botched my computer, and I had to buy a newer one with Win7 installed. I should have followed my first instinct, and gone with Mac from the start. (I had upgraded to Win7 from Vista, and I didn't have the Vista installation disk allowing me to format)

Comment

We are working on this issue with M$, and it will be resolved soon.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
              Win 10 hit the market like an unpredictable tsunami, IMHO.
              Not really. It had a very long public development period, and availability of previews for both users and developers. The problem imo (based on long experience working for MS's fiercest rivals in the office suite field) is that MS has a habit of simply changing the ground rules unannounced with updates like its "Anniversary" pack for Win 10, and not publishing to 3rd parties the APIs that MS itself makes use of. It used to do this quite knowingly, pleased to see its competitors losing market traction and having to spin their development wheels. Now, with the departure of Gates' combativeness, it just doesn't seem to care. And as fengtao hints, it's known as M$ for a reason.

But, should I need a new computer, within the next few years, these types of situations, only add more weight to my decision to go Mac instead.
              Depends on what kind of user you are, I think. Me, the specific applications I want to run dictate the OS I can use. I know there's Parallels and such that can run Windows on Mac devices, but that only seems to multiply both the cost and the potential for conflicts. And I don't much like the Mac way of doing things, to be honest. Personal choice, obviously.

But I do wish MS was as technically proficient as Apple is.
              A' GhĂ idhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Comment

Over a month ago close to resolution

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                We are working on this issue with M$, and it will be resolved soon.
                but still has the digital signature issue on new install.

Any clue when this will be resolved?

Comment

Hi,

Yes, it will be fixed soon.

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Please try the new version and tell me the result. Thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

I created the original thread for this (which is linked to in the first post) and I've just installed and tested 9.1.0.0 on a fresh Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Edition) installation and it works great now. I no longer need to disable secureboot features in my BIOS/EFI interface.

Thank you team for your hard work. Another happy customer. Now if I could get these few rental discs I bought to work then I'd be 100%... but that's a story for another day. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X