Drive Icon windows Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive Icon windows Explorer

Why does dvdfab passkey not allow the drive icon in windows explorer to refresh after completion I always have to go to device manager and disable and re enable it or restart windows I have a blu-ray burner and it always changes from showing it's a blu-ray to a normal cd drive

Hi, what you are saying is that after DVDFab Passkey finishes the task, your Blu-ray drive on the computer changes to be shown as a DVD drive? Is my understanding correct? Please kindly confirm or explain, thanks.

Comment

Yes when I insert a disc and passkey finishes scanning it the drive icon in windows explorer changes from the BD Drive Icon to a standard CD drive icon and even my blu-ray player software refuses to autoplay the disc because of the change and I always have to go to device manager and disable and re enable the drive or restart the computer for the icon to refresh back to normal cause the drive won't read any disc when the icon has changed the drive is acting like there is still a disc in it even though I have ejected the disc I have also used AnyDVD by Redfox and the icon never changes after scanning with Anydvd that's why I'm wondering could it be a bug or is the scan process different between AnyDVD and Passkey

Comment

Try uninstalling the drive, restart your computer
        and let windows reinstall the drive.

Comment

Working...
        X