Freezing / stuttering issues when playing UHD over network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing / stuttering issues when playing UHD over network

Hi dear forum members! It's nice to be here!

Recently I tried to play 4K Blu-Ray films decrypted with Passkey over SMB or NFS private network. (sometimes on my Dune RealVision 4K or on my Windows 11 laptop).
    Playback on my host Windows 11 PC is flawless with PowerDVD but as soon as I share my drive for my laptop or my Dune there is stuttering every 30 seconds.

First I thought there's not enough bandwith for playing back huge files but I have a Gigabit Ethernet so I tried the same thing with another software and there's no stuttering at all. I tried it with different 100GB Discs.
    It seems Passkey has a problem with file playback over network with big files. Normal Blu-Rays are no problem, just 4K UHD Blu-Rays.

Is there a fix for this?
    If you'd like to reproduce the problem you could just share your Blu-Ray drive on Windows, decrypt it with Passkey and play it on another device (e.g. with VLC).

Hope you can help me! Thanks!

Please attach the Passkey log as well as an analysis by MediaInfo of one of the titles that stutters.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I attached the logs for you (2001 A Space Odyssey). Thanks for checking!
      What I realised too is that this stuttering only occurs in the later part of the film (maybe on the third layer).
      On BD50 discs this doesn't happen.

Tested the discs also on PC with PowerDVD and with AnyDVD over network (SMB and NFS). No problems!
      Happens for example with Donnie Darko TC & DC (Arrow), 2001 (Warner), Cinema Paradiso (Arrow), Mulholland Drive (Studio Canal)...
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X