Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from what it sounds like then is that it either isnt fully dumping to disk or is erasing the file after reboot
    might try unchecking the box overwrite files
    also i was getting a message when i changed where i stored mine to verify that there is enough virtual memory for operation (this is in the same area just click setting under the performance heading, the click the advanced tab on the popup, if need more click change)(note there should be at least as much virtual memory as you have ram)
    (C)ROBDOG 2010
    (C) SN and pic only

Comment

I have it set to 'Small Memory Dump', which doesn't give you the overwrite option, as it creates separate files with the date in them. I'm pretty sure this all stopped working when I replaced my old HD with an SSD for the OS partition.

However I just spotted a strange virtual memory anomaly. My system has 8GB RAM & I always set a fixed 8GB swapfile on the OS partition. This is still reflected in the settings, however on disk it's only 6.5GB! I'll see if this is the cause, thanks for the pointer.

Comment

do you still have the old hard drive installed on the system or did you completely replace the drive and reload the os
        if the old hard drive is still there check it to see if the system is still storing to that drive
        the same can be said for multiple harddrives
        (C)ROBDOG 2010
        (C) SN and pic only

Comment

Originally posted by robdog2009 View Post
          do you still have the old hard drive installed on the system or did you completely replace the drive and reload the os
          if the old hard drive is still there check it to see if the system is still storing to that drive the same can be said for multiple harddrives
          Thanks for hanging in there, but I'd already checked and they're not written to my other drives either. And changing the swapfile setting to OS-managed doesn't seem to have helped (though I only had one bluescreen since).

I'll worry about it if I get another BS, quite reliable lately.

Comment

Just got a successful minidump, so it looks like the virtual memory settings were the culprit after all, thanks for the pointer robdog. They probably got corrupted when I moved the OS to the SSD (I never checked those settings after the change, as the OS was working fine otherwise).

Comment

Working...
            X