Generates AVI file stops at about 65 mins during playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katiekim,

A smaller bit rate is also successful as long as the resulting file size is less than about 1055MB. The longer the movie the bigger the issue this is going to be. Is there a reason why the avi file size limit is so low in the v8 releases and not the v7 releases? I've had to reinstall v7.0.9.3 in order for the movies to convert with the desired settings correctly.

Comment

Hi, napertivo
      Thank you for your report, this problem will be fixed.
      Thanks.

Comment

Thank you katiekim

Comment

Has there been any progress on this bug? I see it exists in 6.0.6.8. For anyone else having the issue of AVI files getting corrupted/unplayable after converting I have had success using DivFixx++ v0.34. It will open the avi created by DVDFab and identify that there is an error in the file and then you can run a fix on the file to correct it. This way I still use v8 of DVDFab to create the avi instead of having to fall back to v7 (which does not have the issue). It does unfortunately result in a two step process but it can keep you going until DVDFab can be fixed.

Comment

Obviously there has not been.

Apparently, only Blu-Ray issues seem to be the ones that attract the developers attention.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

katiekim,

It looks like the corrupted avi has been corrected in v8.0.8.5. Unfortunately the video quality has dropped considerably and is very choppy. Please see the newer post "8.0.8.5 Choppy Video", it describes the problem pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X