Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't convert any MKV files to MP4

Hello

I use DVDFab 8.0.6.8 Video Converter to convert MKV files to iPad mp4 format. I can't get any of the files to actually convert.
    The video part is listed as "H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)" by VLC. Audio is "DTS Audio (dts)"
    Firstly, I tried to use CUDA for decoding. This fails immediately with Error 504.00.0 "filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00.13". NVidia Drivers are current.
    Then, I tried to use all "Software". This way, it goes roughly halfway through (taking 4-5 hours for this), and then DVDFab crashes entirely and is terminated by Windows.
    I use simple 1 pass encoding, with unmodified iPad.h264 profile.

What can be done here?

Thanks, Martin

Hi,
    You set A/V as software and encoding mothodes as 1-pass to retry,CUDA not support any generic profile.

Comment

Originally posted by David$ View Post
      Hi,
      You set A/V as software and encoding mothodes as 1-pass to retry,CUDA not support any generic profile.
      Maybe I wasn't clear in my above post, but I tried this as well and got about halfway before DVDFab crashed.

The other disadvantage is that this is extremely slow (about 3-4fps with a Quad Core CPU), so I would really hope for CUDA support here.

Also, what do you mean with "generic profile"? I use the iPad profile, is this "generic"? I only use CUDA for decoding, so the profile shouldn't have an effect anyway.

Another update: I tried a simple mp4 file as input, with similar results: CUDA decoding stops immediately with "Work 1 failed, Error = 504.00 1 2". Same result with "CoreAVC" or "Software" as decoding method (all other A/V Codec Settings are "Software" anyway).
      It becomes apparent that I can't convert any file at all with "Video Converter".

Do I have to raise a support ticket, or is posting in this newsgroup enough to get the attention of the support team?

Thank you and best regards, Martin

Comment

Hi,
        You set A/V as software/CoreAVC and encoding mothodes as 1-pass to work well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by David$ View Post
          Hi,
          You set A/V as software/CoreAVC and encoding mothodes as 1-pass to work well.
          Your attachments are showing V 8070 and a date of 10.01.11
          So you are using a version that is not yet released to the rest of us?????

Comment

Gruñón, David$ is from Support and therefore has a newer build, of course.
            人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
            Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              Gruñón, David$ is from Support and therefore has a newer build, of course.
              I know that. It is common knowledge to all mods.

BUT it does not help the members for him to post his success and fix using a version not available to the members in general.

Comment

It is helping the user a bit as he/she knows now it is fixed in 8.0.7.0. But I understand what you meant.
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

It does not work on my system with these settings. There are two differences compared to your settings:
                  1. Obviously, I use an older version.
                  2. I use the iPad profile, not the mp4 profile

--> Does it work on your system if you use the iPad profile?

Thanks, Martin

Correction: With CoreAVC it now at least starts the conversion process, and does this reasonably fast (40-50 fps). I'll have to see if it completes the task this time (last time, it crashed at about 60%).
                  Last edited by tinue; 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

2nd Update: This time, the conversion went through.

Unfortunately, the result is still unusable: My source mkv file has two audio tracks. Regardless of which one I select, Video Converter always uses track 1, and this is the one I don't want.

Can this be fixed, or is there a workaround?

Thanks! Martin

Comment

at the moment DVDFab only support one audio for mkv and such so I assume it is only able to do the same when converting mkv and such to another format. Then selecting first audio track is what DVDFab is supposed to be doing since not support 2 tracks at this time.

Are you in some way able to remove the one audio track you not want from the mkv before you try to convert with Video converter?

Comment

This is strange, because the GUI displays both tracks and lets me select one of them. So the GUI can read and parse MKV files correctly. Why would the GUI support multiple tracks (even showing the correct language), and the actual converter doesn't?

Will support for multiple tracks be implemented soon?

Otherwise, I guess I could find an MKV repackager which allows me to remove a track (or reorder them).

Thanks and best regards, Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X