Can't convert any files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't convert any files

since the last update (8.1.6.3 )was released i haven't been able to convert any files. I add a file and press start and all that happens is the time starts moving the % wont go anywhere, it will do this for hours if i let it. I have tried to uninstall and re install, run as administrator, compatibility mode and still nothing.I just installed the latest beta and it is still doing the same thing. when i first got the software (2 months ago) it worked perfect now i feel like i wasted my money. any suggestions?

I suggest you uninstall and download Ccleaner, it's free and run the registry cleaner until it finds no more registry errors. It took four time the last time I did this. then reinstall and give it a try.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks. i will give that a try. also i forgot sometimes it will stay at 0% for a few min and then say complete, and the file is only a few MB and doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        I suggest you uninstall and download Ccleaner, it's free and run the registry cleaner until it finds no more registry errors. It took four time the last time I did this. then reinstall and give it a try.

I cleaned the registry about 5 times but still nothing.

Comment

What type of file are you converting from and to? When I try to convert from m4v for the iPad to an avi I don't get audio that will play but the video looks great. When I convert from iPad to PSP it's great, both audio and video.
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi cubbieblue1

Please post your logs the default location is:
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              What type of file are you converting from and to? When I try to convert from m4v for the iPad to an avi I don't get audio that will play but the video looks great. When I convert from iPad to PSP it's great, both audio and video.
              I have been trying to convert MKV to ipod and avi to ipod (mp4)

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hi cubbieblue1

Please post your logs the default location is:
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
                CBR929

here is my log

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Hi cubbieblue1
                  Your logs show that you are using an older version, you will find the latest version here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16846 give it a try.

Also disable Cuda, Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I did a clean uninstall and installed 8.1.6.6 and having good results today, I haven't missed yet!

Albert Einstein

Comment

still no luck with the newest update. what else could i do?

Comment

i did an uninstall and re install, are there any other files i can remove to do a complete clean un/re install. all i have been doing is uninstalling it through control panel

Comment

Working...
                        X