Audio and Resolution Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio and Resolution Incorrect

I am trying to convert some home videos from mpeg to avi. So far not having much luck with DVDFab unfortunately.

1. I just want the same resolution as the input but it always seems to convert down to something like 400x450 which makes my videos mis-proportioned. The audio is also off by a few seconds.
    2. Using various profiles. For this example: generic.avi.divx.audiocopy
    3. Happens with all titles
    4. Windows 7 64bit. i7 920. 6gigs DDR3. nVidia GTX 460 (CUDA)
    5. Fresh install
    6. No other software (hoping that DVDFab will do everything I need )

From dvdfad_internal.log for this process
    ------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 49.60s: create config(3)
    1m 49.60s: convert profile(generic.avi.divx.audiocopy)
    1m 49.62s: 513.05 : not any valid video codec information
    1m 49.62s: 513.05: get video start offset(3002)
    1m 49.62s: 7m 49.07s:

------ finish mobile work ------

I have attached 3 files:
    From DVDFab: Info.txt
    From Media Info before conversion: mediainfooriginal.txt
    From Media Info after conversion: mediainfofinal.txt

SOURCE FILE TYPE: MPEG-PS (PS?)
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: MPEG Version 2
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 720x480
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: MPEG Version 1
    DVDFab VERSION: 8.0.2.2
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.divx.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: didn't touch
    OUTPUT CROP: didn't touch
    OUTPUT BITRATE: didn't touch
    OUTPUT PASSES: didn't touch

I am hoping this is just user error, but I also hope I don't have to go and manual set the output resolution for each file - like I said, I just want the same as source.

Thanks and let me know if there is anything else I can provide!
    Attached Files

Hi kramttocs,

Please try DVDFab 8.0.2.4 Beta at

We use "To AVI" option as an example, click on "Edit", open "Conversion settings", then you can specifically adjust the parameter settings for the output files.

You also can click on "Video Effect Settings", then change the aspect ratio or customize the output size for your needs.

Kind regards,
    sunny
    ________
    HOMEMADE VAPORISER
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks sunny, I will try out the beta tomorrow. So youre saying that there is no way to have it automatically just convert the avi with the same resolution as the source file-it has to be modified manually?

Comment

sunny, thank you so much for recommending the beta. You would not believe how long I have searched for an all-in-one dvd/video suite and I am back to putting my faith in dvdfab. The beta seems to work great. It now actually shows the correct resolution for the source file and not the 400x450 gibberish. One question somewhat unrelated to dvdfab:
        When I play the video in WMP I can only hear the audio and no video shows up. I would assume this is a codec issue since my portable vlc player plays it perfectly. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit. I installed K-Lite codec pack (much to my resistance) for 32bit but it still isn't playing. The following in the information from Media Info:
        General
        Complete name : C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\generic\Around Home 90 pt 1.avi
        Format : AVI
        Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
        File size : 106 MiB
        Duration : 2mn 38s
        Overall bit rate : 5 579 Kbps
        Movie name : Around Home 90 pt 1
        Writing application : Lavf52.33.0

Video
        ID : 0
        Format : MPEG-4 Visual
        Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
        Format settings, BVOP : Yes
        Format settings, QPel : No
        Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
        Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
        Codec ID : DX50
        Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
        Duration : 2mn 36s
        Bit rate : 5 458 Kbps
        Width : 1 280 pixels
        Height : 720 pixels
        Display aspect ratio : 16:9
        Frame rate : 29.970 fps
        Color space : YUV
        Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
        Bit depth : 8 bits
        Scan type : Progressive
        Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.198
        Stream size : 102 MiB (96%)
        Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
        ID : 1
        Format : MPEG Audio
        Format version : Version 1
        Format profile : Layer 3
        Codec ID : 55
        Codec ID/Hint : MP3
        Duration : 2mn 38s
        Bit rate mode : Constant
        Bit rate : 192 Kbps
        Channel(s) : 2 channels
        Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
        Stream size : 3.64 MiB (3%)
        Alignment : Split accross interleaves
        Interleave, duration : 37 ms (1.10 video frame)
        Interleave, preload duration : 24 ms

Any suggestions would be great! I want to keep this system 'clean' and although I am a fan of vlc, I would prefer to keep everything in WMP.

Comment

What about Windows Media Center? Do you get both Video and Audio using that to play the file?

Comment

Hey agj,
            Nope, same thing in media center-audio but no video. uninstalled the codec pack and installed just xvid but it gave me an error that it couldn't find the file when Itried to configure it but either way no video still. Could it be 64bit related? Like i said, thanks for any advice since I know this isnt really related to dvdfab and I can ask elsewhere(another forum) if you prefer.

Comment

I have a W7 64bit computer and have Audio and Video for all my mobile files using both WMC and WMP but they converted from DVD and not home video. I do have a video of my twins when they was baptised in may that I still have to do some editing to so can give this a try towards the end of October when I have the time.

Try this codec pack for windows 7 http://www.windows7codecs.com/ I just downloaded it and did a virus scan on the download and it clean

Comment

funny, one of my test files was of my baptism from years ago
                I will do a dvd rip and see if I can play those files. can you recall what profile you used? And are you just using the stock wmp codes? Thanks for the codec pack suggestion, I tend to shy away from them since I have always heard negative things about them, but I will look into that one in the morning. Got work in a few hours and the wife is telling me to put the phone away. Will let you know what i find out.

Comment

I try any profile that someone posts about having issues but for personal use I use psp.h264 firmware3.30+, WMV-xbox360.wmv.wma10 and the Default Generic profile

Comment

Hey AGJ,
                    I uninstalled the xvid installer and installed the codec pack you recommended. Still no luck. I have attached an image from gspot showing an error when trying to play the dvdfab converted file. I really don't know what I should attribute this to since i have some other avi files that I converted a few months ago using a different converter and they work fine. It's also odd that wmp doesn't show any prompt or error when playing them, it just acts like they are audio files essentially - even when no codec packs were installed.
                    Thanks again
                    Attached Files

Comment

I realized that I had uploaded the h264 gspot image rather then the divx one that I have been referring to so here that one is - although it really doesn't make a difference since neither one works. I am about to throw in the towel (and I was looking forward to the lifetime license on this baby) but it's just not working out. I had thought the new beta version had fixed the resolution issue (where the max it shows is 400x450 even if the source is 1280x720) but it looks like it hasn't. Every time I open the program, I never know if it is going to show the correct resolution or not - about 25% chance it will be right. WMP is still unable to play these converted files and I am not finding much online with respect to the errors shown in gspot.

Comment

Well, had a breakthrough. uninstalled the forementioned codec pack because after looking online some more I found sharks codec pack which actually refers to 64 bit codecs. Restarted after installing and all the converted videos play perfectly! Now if I can just figure out this resolution issue. Looks like dvd fab may be the one after all

Comment

Hi kramttocs,

We are so glad that you have solved your problem finally. Any questions in future, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
                          Sunny Fan
                          ________
                          Kitchen Measures
                          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Well glad you found the Codec pack that worked and that your happy with DVDFab like I am

Comment

Thanks sunny and AGJ!

With that issue now solved is there any way I could get some help on the resolution issue? I have checked my files (typically 1280x720 or 720x480) in both MediaInfo and gSpot and the resolution shows correctly there. When I tried video converter again this morning, the highest I can get to show up in the profile edit settings (with any profile under Generic) is that dreaded 400x450.

Comment

Working...
                              X