Audio / Video Sync Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio / Video Sync Issues

Hello, I have looked through the other threads and tried everything, and am still having major Audio Sync Problems. I am using "Software" as my converter option, and I am using "Same as source" for my frame rate.

I ripped videos from my DVD to AVI, and I have verified that the AVI files play on my PC. The audio is in sync, no problems. I now have all the DVDs I own, saved as AVI files on my computer. I want to watch these on my iPhone, and not have to drag my computer around.

I then use DVDFab to convert the avi file to iPhone format. After I convert it, the audio is out of sync. It starts of out of sync, and stays out of sync, and appears to get worse toward the end. I have tried just about every format: I phone, ipad, iphone 4, iPad, etc.

I have done this in the past, and it has always worked. Its maybe been 1/8 second out of sync. But I have never had this big an issue until very recently. Its the same computer, same OS, I have not done anything major to it.

Its a Intel i5, 4gigs of ram, 200Gb free HD space. And it used to work, it works no more.

Any ideas?

Hi emanon256,

We have submitted this a/v sync issue to our developers, please understand the technology improvement will take some time. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,
    sunny
    ________
    Hot Box Vaporizers
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I too have noticed this problem. In my case I am trying to conver mkv files to ipod touch. I have confirmed that my mkv files are in sync. The ipod touch convertered version will start out almost in sync but as the movie progresses it is very noticeable that it is out of sync.

Comment

Audio Sync Issues here too

I've got the same issue -- cannot rip a DVD no matter which settings I try without audio sync issues. xxxx works fine, so clearly my hardware is up to the job. I prefer Fab, but tired of this issue and need to get these dvd's ripped.

In response to the earlier reply from sunny...saying "it will take time"...Perfect, do we all get our money back until it is fixed? This is core functionality that should work considering the price.
        Last edited by AGJ; 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Hi breaks911,

Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.3.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? If not, please try it to check if you still get the a/v sync issue. Please use decode method as 1-pass and looking forward to your good result.

Best regards,
          sunny

Comment

@breaks911

You posted an issue with DVD in a thread located in Video Converter sub-forum. You would get much better support if you posted in the correct section. Video Converter is for converting an already mobile format like avi to another format like mkv.

Maybe explain exactly what you are trying to do and one of the forum staff can move your posts to correct area so you get the support you need

Comment

This problem has been ongoing for over a year that I know of and users are sick of being asked to upgrade, post logs, or describe the problem continually.

It was identified with incorrect frame rates ages ago by myself and others.

When is it going to be resolved?

An acknowledgement & a timeframe are well overdue.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not sure if its the same issue I'm having or not - but what player are you using to play the completed file? I was using Windows Media Player and found the audio out of sync. However, when I play it with VLC, it plays fine.

Last night I put one up on my media server (which streams using Twonky) to test the sync while it streamed, and it worked fine...

Comment

AFAIK, the latest version with clean profiles works just fine. But I don't see many people trying it.

But it worked for me. I have gone back and redone all my movies that had the sync issue and haven't found a problem child since.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                    Hi breaks911,

Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.3.2 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? If not, please try it to check if you still get the a/v sync issue. Please use decode method as 1-pass and looking forward to your good result.

Best regards,
                    sunny
                    I tried this, and it's less out of sync than it used to be, but still out of sync. After about 45 min, it becomes unwatchable.

I ma using the default settings for iPhone, not changing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      This problem has been ongoing for over a year that I know of and users are sick of being asked to upgrade, post logs, or describe the problem continually.

It was identified with incorrect frame rates ages ago by myself and others.

When is it going to be resolved?

An acknowledgement & a timeframe are well overdue.
                      NOT trying to hijack this thread (this is most certainly on topic)....

However, I do have to give GregiBoy a HUGE Thank You for multiple reasons:
                      1. The above post. Plain and simple I have to agree with this 100%.
                      2. Despite everything his consistent drive to help members of this forum. Especially those with video conversion problems (he has helped me on more than one occasion in the past) - even A/V Sync problems that are clearly bugs that have yet to be addressed - and yes for well over 1 year (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...53&sec=00&p0=0) now (Here's the first thread that started it all: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=25)

So GregiBoy, THANK YOU!

With that said...

[rant]
                      Despite submitting a "support" ticket, posting testing results and upgrading over and over again (no one bothered asking me for log even though I found at least 5 different movies - in addition to how ever many were posted by other users), my license has now expired and I see no reason to renew it seeing as how I would simply continue to encounter A/V Sync problems...

I have yet to find a suitable replacement for DVDFab otherwise I wouldn't bother coming back... As it stands now, my hard earned $$ has been wasted and I've not bothered doing any further conversions for a very long time (other than testing my known problem movies with each new release up until my license expired)...
                      [/rant]

I would like to reiterate GregiBoy's request:
                      When is this going to be resolved? Any sort of time frame?

I would love to provide the developers with any sort of logs that they would like, but my license is expired...

Thanks to all (especially GregiBoy) who have contributed to this forum and to the potential/theoretical/future resolution to this problem...

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, KMR.

And yes, this is post 4000 for GregiBoy.

On that note, again I will retiterate what KMR (and I previously) have to say on the subject.

There are three major gripes I have with Fab at the moment.

This is one, another is the inability to run Fab on my Netbook because the poor screen design does not allow anything less than an XXX x 800 pixel screen. (My netbook is 1024 x 600). Outstanding for over 18 months

My third gripe is the "STANDARD" answering by the Fab team to continually upgrade without any understanding of the problem the user is encountering.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I too have been frustrated with the lack of response. However, has anyone else seen what I am seeing with the newest versions? I've found that windows media player has audio sync issues with the created wmv file, but the vlc player has no issues and the audio is in sync. The wmv files also stream without a problem....

Comment

I'm unable to test WMP vs VLC - but what I can tell you is that WMP and the Xbox 360 have the same problem...

WMV is the only format that has excellent quality that support 5.1 sound on the Xbox 360...

So since this doesn't work - makes the Xbox 360 useless as a media streamer...

Comment

That is interesting. I too am streaming to an Xbox 360. What are some of the titles you have had problems with? I may have some of them and can give them a shot. Let me know what you are using for settings as well and I'll compare to mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X