Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jtrevill
    Sorry - couldn't respond sooner...

There are tons of threads about this so I didn't really go too nuts ripping all my DVDs like I wanted to since it would be a waste of time with the known issues... In any case, here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
    Fight Club
    Meet the Robinsons
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Ice Age
    Toy Story
    The Incredibles

Anyone know if 8.0.5.1 Beta actually resolved this problem?????
    http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...5059#post65059

"Fix: Framerate should be 23.976 instead of 29.97 in certain cases."

Or is this false hope as usual?

Comment

I don't use the WMP. I only use VLC or iTunes. Both are having the sync issues for me.

Comment

@emanon256

What profile are you using? What DVDs are you having problems with?

Comment

I am not sure, but I think this fix was in response to a UI glitch where the framerate was defaulting to the wrong value, regaredless of the profile's statements, and yes, that part now works correctly for me. I have not checked the actual encoded framerate on the one conversion I have made since the update to see if it is doing what it should, but I will.

Originally posted by KmR View Post
          @jtrevill
          Sorry - couldn't respond sooner...

There are tons of threads about this so I didn't really go too nuts ripping all my DVDs like I wanted to since it would be a waste of time with the known issues... In any case, here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
          Fight Club
          Meet the Robinsons
          Pirates of the Caribbean
          Ice Age
          Toy Story
          The Incredibles

Anyone know if 8.0.5.1 Beta actually resolved this problem?????

"Fix: Framerate should be 23.976 instead of 29.97 in certain cases."

Or is this false hope as usual?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            I am not sure, but I think this fix was in response to a UI glitch where the framerate was defaulting to the wrong value, regaredless of the profile's statements, and yes, that part now works correctly for me. I have not checked the actual encoded framerate on the one conversion I have made since the update to see if it is doing what it should, but I will.
            I've never noticed and can't check due to an expired license, but are the xbox 360 and/or other profiles missing a "same as source" option?

Comment

It works!

I can report success with 8.0.5.3 Beta.
              I was having trouble with lip sync when ripping to DivX + mp3 , but not when ripping DivX + audiocopy.

I'm just trying to create copies for SD card for a portable player so audio quality was not important, and of course you save a few hundred MB ripping the audio track to MP3.

And I can report success on my first trial with 8.0.5.3, using Princess and the Frog UK (region 2 genuine Disney DVD) which never ripped properly before unless I used audiocopy. I got lip sync issues, sound was about 1 second late throughout the movie. Now it's fine.

Hope others find the same.

Comment

Originally posted by KmR View Post
                @emanon256

What profile are you using? What DVDs are you having problems with?
                I have tried all of the various iPhone and iPhone4 and iPad profiles and get the problem with all of them.

The problem is not related to a specific DVD. Its every time I convert a file that I previously ripped. Either form a DVD to my hard drive in the past, or from my TiVo to my hard drive. I can play the TiVo file on my computer just fine, but when I convert it to any of the iPhone or even Avi profiles, it gets out of sync.

Comment

Same Issue

I have the same issue going on with audio being out of sync. I can rip a DVD or Blu-Ray straight to AVI or iPhone with no problem. If I rip a DVD or Blu-Ray to AVI first, then later decide to go from AVI to iPhone or even a different AVI setting, the auido is out of sync.

The sycn issue is immediately noted when the movie starts. The auido starts off being 5 seconds behind. I haven't taken the time to watch much longer than a minute to see if the discrepancy lengthens.

Comment

Hi,
                    Please you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.6.2Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? And retry to tell us results.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by David$ View Post
                      Hi,
                      Please you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.6.2Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? And retry to tell us results.

Thanks
                      There is no DVDFab 8.0.6.2Beta yet and the latest release is DVDFab 8.0.6.1 official

Comment

Hi AGJ,
                        You are right, thank you very much .

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          There is no DVDFab 8.0.6.2Beta yet and the latest release is DVDFab 8.0.6.1 official
                          This post makes me wonder on the level of knowledge of the FAB Support team or whether the responses are "CANNED" !!!!
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...9245#post69245

So 8.0.6.2/3 includes yet another fix for blu-ray a/v sync issues, but nothing for DVD...

DVDFab support currently will not assist me because my license is expired (not that they did in the past when I e-mailed them about this same problem with a valid license) and I refuse to renew my license until this problem is fixed (and at this point that is even questionable)...

Chicken/egg...

Oh well...

In any case, has anyone had any further success with the latest?

Thanks,
                            Sean

Comment

I too am having the same audio sync issues. I ripped the original DVDs to iso format using DVDFab (version 7.x) with no problem. I then ripped the iso to mkv remux using 8.0.6.5 and about 50% of the DVDs have audio sync problems, particularly as the movie progresses. No problems with any of the Blu-ray rips. I just ripped a particularly problem DVD using an older version of DVDFab (7.0.9.0) using generic mkv h.264 audiocopy and it worked. Are there issues with the new version?

Comment

I have used the default Rip to Avi in Vers. 6 and 7 for many DVDs and never had an Audio Syn. issue however upon trying Fab 8.0.8.5 audio syn. was an issue on several titles. Now I just use 8 to rip to HD then 6.2.1.8 to convert to Avi.

Comment

Working...
                                X