No announcement yet.

Cannot convert to any file??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last night I tried the hancock rip with 8.0.5.0 to .mkv still will not show up in my wd live player and will not play audio on my computer using windows media player. I think I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone have any sucess with ripping the main movie to a universal format playable on computer,ps3 and wdlive plus box. They all support .mkv, m2t etc. Going to try to rip it to mp4 wish me luck

Comment

These are the specs for th wd live box, maybe this can shead some light as to why im having problems, maybe settings? I do not fully understand all the file formats since im used to vob's but here it is:

Video
      AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9
      Photo
      JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG
      Audio
      MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
      Playlist
      PLS, M3U, WPL
      Subtitle
      SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, SMI

My goal is one large file in 1080p and 5.1 playable on this box and pc (windows media player) without compression. With regular dvd i use another program, done. I have on large file that plays on all my media.

Note
      MPEG2 MP@HL up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
      MPEG4.2 ASP@L5 up to 1280x720p30 resolution and no support for global motion compensation.
      WMV9/VC-1 MP@HL up to 1280x720p60 or 1920x1080p24 resolution. VC-1 AP@L3 up to 1920x1080i30, 1920x1080p24 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
      H.264 BP@L3 up to 720x480p30 or 720x576p25 resolution.
      H.264 MP@L4.1 and HP@4.1 up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution.
      An audio receiver is required for multi-channel surround sound digital output.
      Compressed RGB JPEG formats only and progressive JPEG up to 2048x2048.
      Single layer TIFF files only.
      Uncompressed BMP only.
      Last edited by AGJ; 11-21-2010, 11:30 PM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

The wd live box and PS3 are problematic for playing back video files. If the file created by DVDFab plays on computer then it a problem with the other 2 you use to play media. Check and make sure the firmware is up to date on the PS3 and the wd live box. Here is link for the latest firmaware update for the wd live box http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/update...fwdtv_liveplus as for PS3 you will have to find that one yourself

Comment

All firmware on both devices are up to date, just checked but also cannot play the movies on my computer, correction I can but without sound, I just tried a mp4, it worked...played on my computer but at a lower resoulation and only in pro logic.... as for the mkv movies they will play in vlc player, but that wont help my other devices now... I actually had no problems playing the 200 othere dvd's thus far, just seems to be a issue with blue ray, after trying so many different setings and keep upgrading, I'm loseing hope that there is a one click solution to my problem. I suppose that burning them to a disc they would work, but Im all digital, and all my dvd's are in attic now. I stream everything from my srver across the house. I hope there will be a sure fire solution soon, my trial will expire and I will have lost faith in purchasing the software. I have no problem paying for it , if it worked for me. The members have been so kind and helpful, the developers seem to be constantly upgrading the software, which is also great. But I really did nto want to spend this much time on a program to try to make it work, I also understand I'm using beta so I'm not complaining so much. Hopefully the developers might look at my situation and try to work off my specs to possibly solve my problem and that of others. I guess I could ask the mod's to keep a ear open to anyone that has sucessfully done what I'm trying to do, or possibly contact the developers on my behalf. I was Admin to a andriod gameing site so I know how difficult it may be to reach developers or always have the correct answers. I really like the GUI of dvdfab and againg hopefully a solutin will present its self quickly.
          Thank You
          Rob
          Edit Im trying one last attempt, buy ripping it to a xbox format, seems anything that plays on my computer will play on my network, so a microsoft attempt would be the answere hopefully. Im not sure about the compression and such but Ill try...
          Last edited by robandcat; 11-22-2010, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Xbox format, usless to me . I made some progress though, I was able to play a mp4 on my wd live box, but resolution was bad and only pro logic... still hopeing for a mkv solution

Comment

Working...
            X