This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File transfer goes away

OK, this is a strange one that I am having trouble with. First off I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on a Dell XPS M1730 laptop. I am a very long time user of DVDFab and really like using it. This is the very first problem I have had and have already started contact with customer service about it, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen the problem and fixed it.

My file transfer program disappears after the first use. The only way I can recover it is to uninstall DVDFab from my computer and reinstall it. I have tried everything I can think of with no luck. Yes, I always run it as admin, yes I have a valid registration key, and no, just reinstalling it over the bad one does not fix it. The only way to recover it is to uninstall and then reinstall the whole thing. If I can figure out how to post .jpeg pics I will post screen shots so you can see what I am saying.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab 1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	317533

Name:	DVDFab 2.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	317534

Name:	DVDFab 4a.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	317535

Name:	DVDFab 5.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	317536

The first two pics are after a fresh uninstall and reload, yes I have even run a registry cleaner.
    The last two pictures are after one use, close out DVDFab and reopen it.

How is this for a strange one?!?!

Forgot to add.......I am using DVDRipper to copy my movies and transfer them to my iTunes, not just trying to use file transfer by itself.
    Last edited by Rubicon04; 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing

Hi Rubicon04,

Apparently, your DVDFab programs get installation files that became corrupt.

Regards,

mona

Comment

Thanks

Mona,
      I have sent you a thank you email, but for the rest of the folks in the forum, the fix was to uninstall 8.0.7.3 and then install 7.0.9.3 and then update to 8.0.7.3 and all is great again!!! I have no idea what the actual problem was but it is gone now and I am happy.

Comment

Working...
      X