X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.0.0 is out

Dear all,

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64/IA64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

What's New
    * Fix PowerDVD hang problem when switching Blu-ray discs.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Please try this version to see whether powerdvd still hang, i have tested 10 dvd/bd iso, no hanging problem occured, but no sure.

For translators: This version doesn't change .lng language files.
    resigned

Comment

@xubin

Will do and report back in a few ..... AX
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

xubin I was really hoping you discovered the issue, but it still seems to be the same on my end.

Process I just tried:
        1. Started PDVD9
        2. Mounted 1st image (COCO_BEFORE_CHANEL.ISO), startd playing fine
        3. Mounted 2nd image (COUPLES_RETREAT.ISO) vdrive.exe hangs and had to kill via taskmgr.exe

See attached images

Notice in the Folder_Context.png image is shows COUPLES_RETREAT.ISO, now look at PDVD9_Open_Play_Context.png, it still shows COCO_BEFORE_CHANEL.ISO as being mounted. It's not dismounting properly in PDVD9

My system is VERY clean, just ran Uniblue Registry Booster on it yesterday. I've been cleaning it up as I'm passing this box onto my wife, she fed up with the P4 build. I just purchased hardware to build a i7 ... CLICK HERE

Once I get the i7 built I will try it on there.

But for now I have to revert back to DTLite.exe, as it works without any issues as previously mentioned. I tried the ISO's above and a one or two more played all of them. Continuous playing of 4 iso's, mounted/dismounted quickly and played flawlessly.

Here's some of the hardware/software specs:
        Media Suite 8
        PowerDVD 9 BD Express/Standard
        DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
        ECS G31T-M
        2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
        NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB)
        Storage Controller: DVDFab Virtual Drive
        Optical Drive: DVDFab Virtual Drive SCSI CdRom Device
        Hardware support:
        DXVA1 Mpeg2 Support Profile: BSP: (X) IDCT: (X) MC: (O) (via VMR)
        DXVA1 H.264 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) MC: (X) MC_ATI: (X) MC_NV: (X)
        DXVA1 VC-1 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) IDCT: (O) MC: (X)

If you like I can email the full Everest report to you

Some time today I'm going to install/run Fix-It Utilities 10 on it, I will try again after that. I expect it will still be the same

Last time I checked I didn't see anyone else posting this issue other than me and you mentioning that it was a known bug ? ? ?

I really want to use vdrive as I like it for two reasons:
        1. How it appears in the right-click context menu (I could probably figure out how to get DTLite to emulate the same with reg edit, but...)
        2. The vdrive.exe is 3x smaller than DTLite, which is what I really like

Let me know if you need anything further.

Regards,
        AX
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AlienX69; 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

@AlienX69

>> Mounted 2nd image (COUPLES_RETREAT.ISO) vdrive.exe hangs
          vdrive.exe hangs, not pdvd9? How about using tray, also hangs?

I tested by powerdvd8, i don't known whether that is the point. i will install powerdvd9, and test again.

Thank you for your feedback, and shame on me .
          resigned

Comment

PDVD9 hangs, did you view the two images, see how PDVD9 won't release the 1st image ? ?

I will test the via the tray and let you know in a sec !!

EDIT: This time when I used the tray service icon it at least played the the 2nd ISO and updated the title bar at the top of the PDVD window.... But when I selected a third ISO (which actually was the 1st ISO again) it hung .. See Attached.

I'm gonna test a few other ways, in the above mentioned I mounted the ISO first then started PDVD9. Plus I only have 2 ISO's let me create a few more and I'll get back to you ....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AlienX69; 02-25-2010, 02:23 AM.
            AX

Comment

Yep still hangs and vdrive seems to hold onto the 1st mounted ISO ... I knew this because I couldn't edit the 1st ISO's file name. Had to use a tool called Unlocker or kill vdrive !!!

see attachments.

PS: Wifey wants me t watch a movie with her, gotta go !!

Good luck on trying to find the roach (bug) .......
              Attached Files
              AX

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                Yep still hangs and vdrive seems to hold onto the 1st mounted ISO ... I knew this because I couldn't edit the 1st ISO's file name. Had to use a tool called Unlocker or kill vdrive !!!

see attachments.

PS: Wifey wants me t watch a movie with her, gotta go !!

Good luck on trying to find the roach (bug) .......
                @AlienX69
                it's weird, pdvd9 have no problem, no hangs, i am using xp sp3.

and i also test the Version 1.0.0.0, yep, it hangs system, and should force restart computer to survive.

Another question: After install lastest version 1.1.0.0, whether you have restarted computer?
                resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                  Another question: After install lastest version 1.1.0.0, whether you have restarted computer?
                  Sorry to say but yes many times, doing cleaning and got a couple of MS updates today too .... definitely been rebooted a few times today !!!

Not sure what it is then X, guess if I had a clean build might not be an issue. This machine's build is about 3 yrs old, with updates and the latest SP3 as yo saw in the specs I posted.

Unless someone else posts the same issue it must be just me then. I'll just keep using DTLite until someone else has this issue with PDVD9 and I'll try to help narrow it down.

EDIT: maybe video driver or video card ? ? ? I'll check my drivers been a while since I checked for new drivers. Just real puzzled why DTLite flys through switching between ISO's and Vdrive won't ... very puzzling !!

Thanks for all the hard work .... Vdrive looks REAL GOOD wish I could use it ...

問候,

AX
                  Last edited by AlienX69; 02-25-2010, 05:26 AM.
                  AX

Comment

I tested PDVD5 and Vdrive on my AMD box, worked flawlessly .... and that was mounting and playing the same ISO's via a LAN connection

Currently installing PDVD9 on it to test will be back shortly with the results.
                    AX

Comment

Well good news for you it works on my AMD box

Now I need to figure out why it won't play correctly on my Core Duo box, dat sux ...

Currently DLing the video card driver see if that makes any difference .....

Getting tired on my end, almost 11pm here, will try the driver and no maybr pickup tomorrow ... but I really wanna start build the i7 box and to do that I have to swap out some components, swapping cases, PSU, etc.

Will report back, when I get something positive .... hopefully !!

問候,
                      AX
                      AX

Comment

@AlienX69

i test on another xp machine with powerdvd 9.0.2201, 15 bd iso and 5 dvd iso, no hangs occured.

wow, it's the time to sleep, thanks for your help. here is 3:00 pm, debug time
                        resigned

Comment

Mr. X

Just to verify, when you go to the Task Icon in the Service Tray, you select the 1st image by selecting "Drive:<Letter you defined>", browse to ISO image.

Now when you mount the 2nd image you are selecting "Drive:<Letter>", again browse, select, then OK. This is how it locks up on me or using the right-click context menu.

But if I "Unmount All" first before selecting another image it works OK, I never mentioned this previously, I think, not sure, maybe in the first orig post

Well I updated the video, mobo chipset, and audio drivers (see attached). Still the same PDVD9 just won't dismount the 1st/previous image as shown in previous images I attached in post # ?

But the good news is I noticed a big improvement in BOOT time ....

FYI: I'm running 9.0.2320, plus disabled the MovieLive feature via the TweakPak. But I tried 2201 plain and still had the same results. Oh well, I'm giving this CPU and mobo to the wifey anyway. I'll report back later once I get the i7 build done to see if it works OK.

問候,
                          AX
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by AlienX69; 02-25-2010, 02:54 PM.
                          AX

Comment

@AlienX69

Thanks for your information. Don't know whether you have try the latest V1.1.0.1, which changes something related about hangs issue.

Trick: you can first uninstall vdrive, and then install again, this no need reboot in most cases.

Wait for your i7's result.
                            resigned

Comment

Working...
                            X