This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikinho View Post
    It is W7 only. I can compile a Vista compatible version later today. I'll update when I do.
    how is this coming along ?

Comment

Yes it will play the entire movie.
      I must be doing something wrong. I can play individual files but not the whole movie ??
      W7 Pro
      360 extender

Comment

Windows 7 does not really need it as it can already play from the VIDEO_TS folder just make sure you have media center set up to read from them

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Windows 7 does not really need it as it can already play from the VIDEO_TS folder just make sure you have media center set up to read from them

I finally got the virtual drive to show up in the 360 extender. Thanks so much for a great product and for all your help!!
          W7 Pro
          360 extender

Comment

He was asking for playback on extenders. No version of Media Center play VIDEO_TS or ISO on extenders without the use of plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
              how is this coming along ?
              Here you go: http://mikinho.com/wmc/mount-image/

Note: I don't have Vista to test so please let me know if it works right!

Comment

Btw, v1.6 of Mount Image was released. It is a little faster mounting using DVDFab and a couple other minor fixes.

If there is interest in localization please let me know.

Comment

He was asking for playback on extenders. No version of Media Center play VIDEO_TS or ISO on extenders without the use of plugins.
                  Actually using my Xbox 360 as an extender I can play my VIDEO_TS folders using Media Center. I have been doing that for over 2 years now but to play ISO you need to use plugins

Comment

Actually using my Xbox 360 as an extender I can play my VIDEO_TS folders using Media Center. I have been doing that for over 2 years now but to play ISO you need to use plugins
                    Even VIDEO_TS you need a transcoder plugin or a 3rd party browser. No extenders natively support VIDEO_TS playback. In Vista Media Center you could not playback VOB files, 7MC can via the Video Library but that has not be around for two years.

You either have a plug-in installed (Vader's transcoder or perhaps the symlink) and have forgotten or are mistaken.

Comment

Vista played back the VIDEO_TS folders just had to change the registry and I used a simalar link to this link below to do that. The original link I used is no longer available

Now Windows 7 can open VIDEO_TS folder in media center with out any plug in just have to make sure it is set up to see the folder. I stream all my DVDFab rips to my Xbox 360 when I am too lazy to insert a DVD.

Comment

Vista played back the VIDEO_TS folders just had to change the registry and I used a simalar link to this link below to do that. The original link I used is no longer available

Now Windows 7 can open VIDEO_TS folder in media center with out any plug in just have to make sure it is set up to see the folder. I stream all my DVDFab rips to my Xbox 360 when I am too lazy to insert a DVD.
                        The registry key only enables the DVD Gallery on the local Media Center HTPC. Again, on extenders it not be visible until a transcoder dll is installed. This is true of Vista Media Center and W7 Media Center regardless of whether you are using a Xbox or Linksys as the extender.

If it is visible for you then you have the transcoder.dll installed (%SystemRoot%\ehome\Transcoder.dll)

Comment

Working...
                        X