No announcement yet.

Ripping of many 3D titles (BD) finishes prematurely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10022 and 9321 both select all 3 (main) titles (1,42,43). I have to deselect 2 of them (or remove 2 jobs from queue later.)

Can try again in the evening.

But the title selection is not a problem. I CAN make a full time 3D with 9321 when I select the right title. I am NOT able to do it with 10022 and whatever title.

Comment

Confirmed. Both 9321 and 10022 select the same titles. (1.42.43 in this case.)

Comment

When you say Fab selects all 3 titles to convert are you saying Fab puts a blue check mark in each title as thats what Fab converts only the title with the box with the blu check marks.In your posted screen shot theirs a blu check mark in the box next to title #1 this is the only title Fab will convert and it's the wrong title to convert only title 42 should be checked marked the other titles should not be check marked at all.I have never seen Fab pick 3 different titles to convert on a 3d disk Fab will pick one title only.Once in a while it picks the wrong title but it never picks 3 titles you must be doing that.You don't pick titles in a disk like this Fab does the picking if it picks wrong then its a different title but never all 3 running 50 mins each.

Comment

As I have said before. I always revide the preselected titles and/or select the title to convert manually. I am aware that DVDFab does not get it always right.

I would prefer you take my word for it. If not, I should be able to make a video demonstrating that behavior next week.

BUT that is not what I am complaining about. I can correct the title selection (I do it anyway).

Comment

You asked for help in post #1 after you posted your screen shots I gave you the correct title to convert I am done here.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
              You asked for help in post #1 after you posted your screen shots I gave you the correct title to convert I am done here.
              I think the disconnect here is in the screens shown in the screenshots versus what you're talking about. When the disc is inserted DVDFab sees it as a series I guess instead of a movie, and as such, selects 3 titles that it thinks are 3 episodes on the disc. mm6502 then goes into the "Select other titles" and removes the 2 incorrectly selected titles so that only the main title is selected, which is the process shown in their screenshots. The title they selected is 50:05 long, but they're only getting 31 minutes of content before DVDFab stops ripping them.

mm6502, You are, in fact using the 32bit version of DVDFab since the 64bit one only came out a couple weeks ago, though I'm not sure that's going to make much of a difference unless you're somehow using more than ~3.75GB of ram in the rip and that's causing the problem. (The log file indicates it's running from "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 10" where the 64bit one would be running from "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 10" on a 64bit system)

If you let it rip all 3 titles, do you end up with two 31 minute files and a 50 minute 2d file?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon View Post
                I think the disconnect here is in the screens shown in the screenshots versus what you're talking about. When the disc is inserted DVDFab sees it as a series I guess instead of a movie, and as such, selects 3 titles that it thinks are 3 episodes on the disc. mm6502 then goes into the "Select other titles" and removes the 2 incorrectly selected titles so that only the main title is selected, which is the process shown in their screenshots. The title they selected is 50:05 long, but they're only getting 31 minutes of content before DVDFab stops ripping them.
                That is correct.

mm6502, You are, in fact using the 32bit version of DVDFab since the 64bit one only came out a couple weeks ago, though I'm not sure that's going to make much of a difference unless you're somehow using more than ~3.75GB of ram in the rip and that's causing the problem. (The log file indicates it's running from "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 10" where the 64bit one would be running from "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 10" on a 64bit system)
                32 bit according to Task Manager.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	101
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	340945

If you let it rip all 3 titles, do you end up with two 31 minute files and a 50 minute 2d file?
                That is correct, if I use 3D template for the 3D titles and 2D template for the 2D title. I can make full length 2D from any title, or full length 3D with 2D->3D conversion template from the 2D title.

Comment

I will try ripping a 3D Blu-ray later on today. In the meantime, could you try downloading and installing the 64bit version of DVDfab and seeing if that fixes the issue for you (both can be installed at the same time without an issue - It will show as DVDFab 10 (64bit) in your start menu.

You can get the 64bit version from here.

Comment

The output from 64bit version is about half minute longer. (00:31:48.990)

Going to try other discs.

Comment

Originally posted by mm6502 View Post
                      The output from 64bit version is about half minute longer. (00:31:48.990)

Going to try other discs.
                      I'm currently in the process of ripping Wreck it Ralph 3D. I only own a couple of 3D Blu-rays at the moment, so it was that or The Good Dinosaur. So far so good on the rip, but it's only 28% done, so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Tron 3D has been cut down to 01:40:55.443 (from 02:05:08.000).

Comment

Wreck it Ralph 3D came out at 1:41:13, which matches the movie length. I'm using the 64bit version. I'll do another rip in the 32bit version to double check that's not the issue.

Comment

Just finished ripping The Good Dinosaur (3D) in the 32bit version - The task manager did go white and hang at the end, but it still popped the "complete" alert and the movie does appear to be complete. This means it is likely your OS or your Blu-ray drive that is causing the compatibility issues with the latest versions of DVDFab. Do you know what model drive are you using?

Comment

...but it still popped the "complete" alert and the movie does appear to be complete.
                              I get the "Successfully completed" too, but mine are cut short.

This means it is likely your OS or your Blu-ray drive that is causing the compatibility issues with the latest versions of DVDFab.
                              May be, but I see this behavior on both of my PCs (totally different configuration of makes of the components, except OS). And 9321 works just fine. This seems more likely to be caused by DVDFab itself.

Do you know what model drive are you using?
                              LG HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH10LS28 in the first one, Pioneer BD-ROM BD-207D in the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by mm6502 View Post
                                I get the "Successfully completed" too, but mine are cut short.

May be, but I see this behavior on both of my PCs (totally different configuration of makes of the components, except OS). And 9321 works just fine. This seems more likely to be caused by DVDFab itself.

LG HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH10LS28 in the first one, Pioneer BD-ROM BD-207D in the second one.
                                do you have in common settings " the do not eject source disc when task finishes " checked ??
                                and then Blu-ray write - do not eject disc when burning finishes checked.

Comment

Working...
                                X