Ripping of many 3D titles (BD) finishes prematurely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping of many 3D titles (BD) finishes prematurely

3D-BD rip finishes without error, but the file is only ~40-60% (time length) of the original.

I noticed this behavior in a few latest versions (about 3 or so).

Workaround:
    It (usually) helps to Copy the BD to a hard drive as miniso and "rip" the miniso instead of original disc.

Is there a way how to rip the original 3D-BD to 3D-mkv without copying to hard disk first?

The fab engine for 3d conversions is broken in all newer versions of fab including the 64 bit version it's 2/3ds slower than a older version of fab 10022. you may download this Fab version from my cloud account linked here at bottom of post and rip 3d movie to 3d profile directly from disk in drive it's much faster than copying to hard drive first.Output Fab to your hard drive.On my I 7 using cuda and lightning shrink it takes 25-30 mins to rip to hard drive using mkv side by side h265 or h264 profile set at hi quality in advanced settings and including HD audio.

I also had a glitch in fab saying the file was done right away twice but no file created then it worked normally after the two glitches this also happened to me in the past versions of version 10 however if you can post your internal log file Fab will take a look at it it seems at least you got part of the file made mine made no file so could be a different problem.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...jN6djc2NGk4b0E
    Last edited by 3dman7; 08-17-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

mm6502, are you posting about the 64-bit version of DVDFab? You posted in that forum. I will move this to the regular Ripper forum if you are using the regular 32-bit version of DVDFab. Please clarify this and attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of these discs. Instructions are linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        mm6502, are you posting about the 64-bit version of DVDFab? You posted in that forum. I will move this to the regular Ripper forum if you are using the regular 32-bit version of DVDFab. Please clarify this and attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of these discs. Instructions are linked in my sig, below.
        I really do not know. I do have 64 bit Windows. This forum was the nearest to what is shown in About dialog: DVDFab Version: 10.0.5.2 (17/08/2017).

Comment

Please attach the internal log session as requested, we will sort out the rest.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Also included the disc info.
            dvdfab_internal.log
            G71_65116.zip
            BDINFO.G71_65116.20120911.zip

Comment

Please post the whole internal log file for the disk you had trouble with it's starts with Fab version number and include all the way to the end you posted about 1/2 the log file Wilson from staff is waiting for your complete log file.Is this the disk in that posted log file https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...&ul_noapp=true ?

Note to Wilson: 0m 06.57s: blupath: season disc this not a season disk maybe fab picked wrong title Disk is made in Canada if it's above disk and I don't have it to check.
              Last edited by 3dman7; 08-19-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                Please post the whole internal log file for the disk you had trouble with
                I did post the whole file. Now trying with 10.0.2.2, I will post the log in the morning.

Is this the disk in that posted log file https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...&ul_noapp=true ?
                Yes, this is the one.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mm6502; 08-21-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

The log file from 10022 is complete and looks good now what are you saying that the movie is cut short that the whole movie is not their or did it work fine in 10022 and not in what ever version you used that you posted 1st?

The 1st posted log file is cut in half the whole top part of the first posted log in gone we can't even tell what version of fab you used.Use the current version of fab and see if it works.A proper complete log has 2 half's like the log you posted for version 10022 it starts with fab version and date.
                  Last edited by 3dman7; 08-22-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I did another run with 10.0.2.2 and deleted the log file before start. Log attached. And again posted the whole file as it is on the disk.

The movie is cut at 00:31:48 in both occasions with 10.0.2.2. With 10.0.5.2 it was more random, the cut off time span was wider.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mm6502; 08-22-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

See where the top of the log says process working thats the bottom half of the log(the top of the log file starts with the date and Fab version like this

DVDFab 10.0.2.2 (2017/08/21 21:47:51) the part you posted was only the 2nd 1/2 or bottom part of the log.You may be deleting the top 1/2 of the log so you don't see it.No matter staff will look at the second log posted as it's all their.

What were the names of the other 3d disks that has this problem are they also from Canada? Your not running other ripper software at the same time as Fab correct? you don't have Passkey also running correct?

Wilson do you want to get this 3d disk or ask for files from it .Not a regular main stream 3d disk I don't see it on Amazon only ebay?https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...&ul_noapp=true

Comment

DVDFab 10.0.2.2 (2017/08/21 21:47:51) the part you posted was only the 2nd 1/2 or bottom part of the log.You may be deleting the top 1/2 of the log so you don't see it.No matter staff will look at the second log posted as it's all their.
                        I am at loss here. I did not edit the log in any way, posted it in whole.

What were the names of the other 3d disks that has this problem
                        I noticed this recently (about 3 versions back), while trying to convert the nature related content:
                        Adventure Caribbean 3D - Diving With Sharks
                        Adventure Bahamas 3D - Mysterious Caves And Wrecks
                        Coral Reef
                        Amazing Ocean
                        Polar Bears

But I did not convert 3D for a longer period of time. I will try some older stuff. I have these titles in 3D at hand, write me which ones should I try (if it matters):
                        Tron
                        Despicable Me
                        Christmas Caroll
                        Avengers
                        Thor
                        Rio
                        Piranha
                        Coraline
                        Underworld: Awakening
                        Hansel & Gretel
                        G.I. Joe: Retaliation
                        Dredd
                        Iron Man 3
                        Man of Steel
                        Star Trek: Into Darkness
                        Great Gatsby
                        Priest
                        Gravity
                        Life of Pi
                        Thor: Dark World
                        Captain America: Winter Soldier
                        Noah
                        Amazing Spiderman 2
                        How to Train Your Dragon 2
                        Adventures of TinTin: Secret of The Unicorn
                        Coral Reef
                        Amazing Ocean
                        Polar Bears
                        X-Men: Days of Future Past
                        Need for Speed
                        Sin City: Dame to Kill for
                        Box Trolls
                        Pacific Rim
                        Avengers: Age of Ultron
                        Little Prince
                        Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
                        Rio 2
                        Adventure Caribbean 3D - Diving With Sharks
                        Adventure Bahamas 3D - Mysterious Caves And Wrecks
                        Ghost in the Shell
                        X-Men: Apocalypse
                        Star Trek: Beyond
                        Passengers

are they also from Canada?
                        I do not know, where are the discs authored. I buy almost exclusively localized region B European BDs. (mostly from local seller, very little from amazon.co.uk)

Your not running other ripper software at the same time as Fab correct? you don't have Passkey also running correct?
                        No. DVDFab is the only CD/DVD/BD manipulating software I have installed. Although I still have version 9.3.2.1 installed, I do not run them at the same time.

Not a regular main stream 3d disk I don't see it on Amazon only ebay?https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...&ul_noapp=true
                        I have found it on amazon (UK):
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polarni-med.../dp/B00AWA72P4
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Bears.../dp/B00AO7J2TE
                        Last edited by mm6502; 08-22-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

The run time is 50 mins on the polar bear 3d disk if your not getting 50 mins then fab may be picking the wrong title to convert use version 9 and see if it picks different titles or just do the conversion on the bear movie see if all 50 mins is their.Another thing you can do is put the bear disk in version 9 ripper then theirs a pull down that says(other titles) pull it down look at all the titles on the disk you looking for all title's with 50 min run time that also says 3dmvc under format and has dts master or dolbly digital sound under soundtrack see what Fab picks what title is it check marked by FAB? and is their more than one title with all the info.I listed if yes let me know and how many titles have all the info. I posted.A screen shot can make it easy.

I tried from disk both the newest 64 bit and 32 bit versions of fab and had no trouble getting the whole movie converted so I think it's just a case of fab picking the wrong title to convert as your first log said it was a series disk also and it's not.
                          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-22-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

The run time is 50 mins on the polar bear 3d disk if your not getting 50 mins then fab may be picking the wrong title to convert
                            Not the case. I am selecting titles manually. Anyway, there are 3 titles with 50 min length, 3 under 15 min length and 4 with about 3 min length. Only the first three mentioned are of interest. From the 3, 2 are in 3D and 1 in 2D. I tried both 3D with the same result - about 31 min length.

use version 9 and see if it picks different titles or just do the conversion on the bear movie see if all 50 mins is their.
                            No, the titles are preselected correctly. The run just finished, and the resulting video is full length (50mins).

Another thing you can do is put the bear disk in version 9 ripper then theirs a pull down that says(other titles) pull it down look at all the titles on the disk you looking for all title's with 50 min run time that also says 3dmvc under format and has dts master or dolbly digital sound under soundtrack see what Fab picks what title is it check marked by FAB? and is their more than one title with all the info.I listed if yes let me know and how many titles have all the info. I posted.A screen shot can make it easy.
                            Screenshots attached.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mm6502; 08-22-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Your suppose to let Fab pick the correct title your log file from 10022 said you picked all 3 titles that's a no no.
                              Now please pick title 42 put a check mark next to it and uncheck all other titles and do the conversion.When you let fab pick the title for version 9 what title is check marked also for version 10 I want to see if they pick title 42 only as That should be the only title that should work be in 3d with hd sound.sync on left eye.
                              Last edited by 3dman7; 08-23-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X