Ripping of many 3D titles (BD) finishes prematurely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you have in common settings " the do not eject source disc when task finishes " checked ??
    and then Blu-ray write - do not eject disc when burning finishes checked.
    I'm not sure why it would work that way on multiple systems for you, but not on mine. Did you try the 64bit version with the same results?

Comment

do you have in common settings " the do not eject source disc when task finishes " checked ??
      Changed the setting to not eject disc after run.

x86, 10.0.5.2:
      Passengers (2016, 3D) 1 pass run finished with full length
      Passengers (2016, 3D) 2 pass run finished with full length

x64, 10.0.5.2
      Polar Bears 3D, 1 pass run finished with full length.
      Polar Bears 3D, 2 pass run cut short to 00:31:48.

x86, 10.0.2.2
      Polar Bears 3D, 1 pass run finished with full length.
      Polar Bears 3D, 2 pass run cut short to 00:31:48.
      Last edited by mm6502; 08-31-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon View Post
        I'm not sure why it would work that way on multiple systems for you, but not on mine. Did you try the 64bit version with the same results?
        Positive.

Comment

october262 may have found a partial solution to my problem as it seems (see post #32?)

I would have never guess this to be related.
          Last edited by mm6502; 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

mm6502
            Your using a older graphics card firmware that needs updating as well as your LG drive that I was able to check because you posted the top half of the log file when you posted the version 9 log that said you used a LG drive that is old with no firmware updates their is one that made it work with windows 8 and another that improved play back for some blu ray titles. Model : CH12LS28.

Use the program that came with the drive to check and download the proper updates for the drive make sure you follow all installation tips so you get the correct firmware and update it correctly.Their are 2 similar drives with the same model number so let the software that came with the burner find the proper firmware for the Drive.Also check the Pioneer drive for updated firmware they often also include new keys Necessary to play newer blu ray disks.You can read the firmware read me files to see whats updated in each version.This is what one of the 1.02 firmware update said for the LG drive.
            * Firmware Version : 1.02

* Improvement Point
            - Improved play-ability for specific BD title

Comment

3dman7: flashed ne firmware to the LG drive. There was not a new one for the GPU (should not matter anyway, as I am using strictly software de/en/coding).

after that:

x86, 10.0.2.2:
              Tron 3D, 2 pass run finished, file unplayable.

x86, 10.0.5.2:
              Tron 3D, 2 pass run finished, file cut short to 01:40:55

x86, 10.0.5.5:
              Tron 3D, 2 pass run finished, file cut short to 01:40:55 , log attached
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mm6502; 09-02-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Try it in the newest Fab version as their are Java updates to it should this be related at all.Is their a update for the Pioneer drive? do try to post a whole internal log file for the conversion with 10056 newest Fab version(don't delete all the files first) that cuts the top part of the log file and you may want to also try it with the Pioneer drive to see if drive related after checking for firmware updates for it.

Top graphics driver is your older driver from your posted log file the bottom is my log file so your using older firmware and it does matter theirs bug fixes in the newest read about them if you like on the update read me files.
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB : 22.21.13.8513 : 6.1
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB : 22.21.13.8541 : 6.1
                Last edited by 3dman7; 09-01-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I have updated GPU drivers to the latest version from nvidia.com. I was unable to find any firmware update.

It seems as highly improbable this to be the cause, as I am using software decoding/encoding.

Added data on x86 10055 to post #36.

Comment

You must of upgraded your cards firmware between your old version 9 log you posted as your new new log file that now has the top part of it posted it has the new firmware the old had some bugs the new fixed. A graphics card gets used to run all your graphics not just cuda or conversion part.Here's your cards updated with new firmware now its the same latest version as mine.
                    00.74s:

GPU check: Graphics info 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB : 22.21.13.8541 : 6.1
                    -------------------------------------NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB : 22.21.13.8541 : 6.1

Seems a 2nd pass problem.Staff will have to take it from here.Also we are using 10056 now for Fab.

@Wilson:OP posted a whole log in post #36 with Fab 10055 2nd pass cutting off file before done matching other problem you were working on.
                    Last edited by 3dman7; 09-02-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X