Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Wing DVD Series - New Protection / PathPlayer Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Wing DVD Series - New Protection / PathPlayer Issues?

Both DVDFab and Passkey are having issues with all discs from the Green Wing series DVDs.

Passkey: When I load any disc from either of the seasons, PathPlayer detects structural protection. When I try making an ISO with ImgBurn, it skips over a lengthy portion of the DVD. When I turn off PathPlayer, it is able to get a complete ISO of the disc. This ISO then plays correctly in both Kodi and VLC, and all three episodes from the disc work.

DVDFab: When I load up the non-PathPlayer ISO from Passkey, DVDFab (with PathPlayer enabled) only shows two of the three episodes from the disc. If I turn off PathPlayer in DVDFab and then load the ISO, DVDFab then sees all three episodes. HOWEVER, the episode that was previously omitted when PathPlayer was on now fails all attempts at encoding, timing out after half an hour. The other two episodes on the disc, however, encode just fine. I should also note that if I click the play button on the title in DVDFab (not the job list but in the DVDFab interface), the episode plays just fine.

Currently using latest rev of both Passkey and DVDFab. Logs attached.
    Attached Files

I found a (cumbersome) workaround: If I import the title into MakeMKV and create a passthrough MKV of the problematic episode, I am then able to import this MKV into DVDFab and render the episode without issue.

I also found that the problem appears not to be with the encoder but rather DVDFab itself: importing the ISO into DVDFab and creating a passthrough job fails just like any other attempt to render the title - the job just sits at 0% before timing out after half an hour.

This makes me think that the problem is due to some sort of structure protection that MakeMKV can rip but not DVDFab.
    Last edited by SenorCardgage; 07-05-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

No improvement in v10.1.0.0.

Comment

No improvement in v10.2.0.0 - with PathPlayer on, one or more episodes (on every disc) are excluded; with PathPlayer off, episodes that were previously not visible with PathPlayer on refuse to encode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gw.png
Views:	234
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	356725

Comment

since you have pathplayer set to disabled, do you also have the cloud decryption service disabled ??
          try that and see what that does.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorCardgage View Post
            No improvement in v10.2.0.0 - with PathPlayer on, one or more episodes (on every disc) are excluded; with PathPlayer off, episodes that were previously not visible with PathPlayer on refuse to encode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gw.png
Views:	234
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	356725
            Hi SenorCardgage,

Please disable cloud decryption and enable Pathplayer in DVDFab 10 to reload the original movie disc again.
            Right click on the movie title, select "Export source info";
            The files will be saved to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab10\Log by default. Please zip this log folder and send it to us.

Thanks,
            Mona

Comment

I'm getting this with green wing, too.
              Dvdfab 7.0.9.3 Reads and copies the correct size for ISO, everything more recent, fails!
              Even when ripped to ISO by Dvdfab 7.0.9.3, nothing more recent can see all the episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by Weaselman View Post
                I'm getting this with green wing, too.
                Dvdfab 7.0.9.3 Reads and copies the correct size for ISO, everything more recent, fails!
                Even when ripped to ISO by Dvdfab 7.0.9.3, nothing more recent can see all the episodes!
                Hi Weaselman, the thread you are following is about one-year old, please start a new one, post the log files from DVDFab 11 to help check the issue, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X