No announcement yet.

Doesn't Read Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a LG internal drive, sorry no I don't know the model number. I don't have any extra drives just laying around to try.

Comment

try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in the lower left corner
      of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry your discs again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in the lower left corner
        of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry your discs again.
        No change

Comment

@mopar_mudder

Please try to download 32-bit version of DVDFab 10 to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar_mudder View Post

No change
            2 more things to try - 1- restart your computer in safe mode and start dvdfab and see if your drives work.
            2 - go into your computer's bios and do a factory reset and then restart your computer
            then start dvdfab and see if your drives now work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              @mopar_mudder

Please try to download 32-bit version of DVDFab 10 to have a try and see if it will make a difference.
              32 Bit is the same thing, it doesn't read. What I don't get is you can click on the + to load a source and it sees the disc. I attached a screen shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi mopar_mudder, I had the same/similar issue yesterday. I purchased the 4K remaster of Punisher, it came with a bluray version of the movie and since I do not have a 4K reader in my PC I ripped the bluray version of the movie. When I put the disk in DVDFab 10.2.1.7 it wouldn't add it to the task list. The volume label of the disk showed up in explorer so I expanded the directory tree and dragged the BDMV folder into the window and it worked that way. That is the first disk that I have had to do that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                  Hi mopar_mudder, I had the same/similar issue yesterday. I purchased the 4K remaster of Punisher, it came with a bluray version of the movie and since I do not have a 4K reader in my PC I ripped the bluray version of the movie. When I put the disk in DVDFab 10.2.1.7 it wouldn't add it to the task list. The volume label of the disk showed up in explorer so I expanded the directory tree and dragged the BDMV folder into the window and it worked that way. That is the first disk that I have had to do that to.
                  Tried that and still nothing. Draging the BDMV folder over DVD Fab just sits there and does nothing. Also updated to newest V11 today and no change.

This is getting a little old.

Comment

Tried that and still nothing. Draging the BDMV folder over DVD Fab just sits there and does nothing. Also updated to newest V11 today and no change.

This is getting a little old.
                    Go into your computers device manager, click on the
                    DVD drives - driver - update driver - restart your computer then start dvdfab and see if it'll read discs again.

Comment

Go into your computers device manager, click on the
                      DVD drives - driver - update driver - restart your computer then start dvdfab and see if it'll read discs again.
                      This happen awhile back and I uninstalled the DVD driver and let it install again with a computer restart. That made it work again that time, didn't work this time around.

Comment

This happen awhile back and I uninstalled the DVD driver and let it install again with a computer restart. That made it work again that time, didn't work this time around.
                        try restarting your computer in safe mode with networking and then start dvdfab and see if dvdfab can see your dvd drive.
                        also try disabling your windows firewall.
                        Last edited by october262; 11-02-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Have you checked the internal connections to the drive and to the mother board are seated properly?

Comment

try restarting your computer in safe mode with networking and then start dvdfab and see if dvdfab can see your dvd drive.
                            also try disabling your windows firewall.
                            Well I started it in safe mode and DVD Fab read the disc just fine. Restarted in normal mode and we'll it works now. No idea why starting in safe mode fixed it, but as of right now it is working.

Comment

Update, wondering if remote desk top can have something to do with this. Today I went in through remote desktop, which is how I normally rip my disc. It would not read the disc through remote desk top. Went I got on the machine locally and it read it.

Comment

OK DVD Fab definitely has issues with remote desk top. I loaded a disc on the local computer and it read it fine and selected the track to rip. I then logged in with remote desktop to try and start the rip and it says the disc can not be found. I can remote in using a program called Tight VNC and it works fine. So between Remote Desk Top and DVD Fab their is an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X